Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 07:55 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,014,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNort View Post
They have the power to change the weather. This was written in 1996.

Current technologies that will mature over the next 30 years will offer anyone who has the necessary resources the ability to modify weather patterns and their corresponding effects, at least on the local scale. Current demographic, economic, and environmental trends will create global stresses that provide the impetus necessary for many countries or groups to turn this weather-modification ability into a capability.
In the United States, weather-modification will likely become a part of national security policy with both domestic and international applications. Our government will pursue such a policy, depending on its interests, at various levels. These levels could include unilateral actions, participation in a security framework such as NATO, membership in an international organization such as the UN, or participation in a coalition. Assuming that in 2025 our national security strategy includes weather-modification, its use in our national military strategy will naturally follow. Besides the significant benefits an operational capability would provide, another motivation to pursue weather-modification is to deter and counter potential adversaries.
In this paper we show that appropriate application of weather-modification can provide battlespace dominance to a degree never before imagined. In the future, such operations will enhance air and space superiority and provide new options for battlespace shaping and battlespace awareness.1 "The technology is there, waiting for us to pull it all together;"2 in 2025 we can "Own the Weather."

Owning the Weather in 2025

The moment that is enacted or unleashed (and I don't think it's "ready to control", I think it may be something "developing and ready for the shelf", even per the presentation's words and timeline) it will be signing the death warrant for millions.

Power doesn't really corrupt, nor does 'absolute' power corrupt absolutely. Rather, power tends to attract the corruptible.

If weather control ever actually reached a feasible level, those deemed "important" would have their weather tended to, everyone else would be either "reasonable losses" or "collateral damage". Rebellion by secession would become a virtual impossibility for any force NOT in control of said technology, and the instant that technology became global, even TWO countries such as Russia and the U.S. -- conflicting weather patterns would occur because even LOCAL weather has a telling effect.

I live not merely in the Ohio valley but cross the river daily to get to work. Some mornings I wake up to fog so thick it's ALMOST reminiscent of London fog I've seen. Fog will enshroud the entire landscape on the IN side for miles and miles, all the way down to the river. Then I've crossed the river into morning sunshine, like a whole different world.

That's ONE large river, and it has an effect on weather. Lots of people fail to realize just how much that thick trail of evaporation affects the surrounding air. Oh, I know we've created rain by seeding clouds in the distant past but it's short-term and it's an extremely finite amount of control which is short-lived at best. I shudder to imagine the potential abuse at a greater degree of weather control, absolutely SHUDDER. And that's not even including the ability to royally screw things up on a global scale.

One must remember that for any general fielding forces, as long as victory is achieved 17 percent losses are still deemed "acceptable" even if decidedly NOT preferable. It's battlefield thinking that has been around since days of yore.

That's swell, unless you're in the 17 percent sent out as cannon fodder or to act as a "distraction" for the brunt of enemy forces.

Sure, some people won't do so well, sir, certain areas will be hit harder by drought-like conditions; however, our primary concern is for the fields across the grain belt, so that's where we're sending the rain.

Man is incapable of that kind of planning, absolutely incapable beyond a shadow of a doubt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2010, 12:21 AM

1,530 posts, read 1,533,221 times
They have been changing the weather already. Really doing alot of damage to the soil, water, air and us. If ppl would be more aware of their surroundings and look up--it's there. I've been documenting it for months along with thousands of ppl who see it happening in their area.

Weather Modifications Agriculture Defense Coalition

VIDEO What in the World Are They Spraying InfoShare

Old 05-26-2010, 06:28 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,014,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNort View Post
They have been changing the weather already. Really doing alot of damage to the soil, water, air and us. If ppl would be more aware of their surroundings and look up--it's there. I've been documenting it for months along with thousands of ppl who see it happening in their area.

Weather Modifications Agriculture Defense Coalition

VIDEO What in the World Are They Spraying InfoShare

Indeed they have. However, as I read through PDF after PDF on the sites provided it occurred to me that A) the majority of their technologies still center around cloud seeding, for better or for worse (although it's abundantly clear that AF2025 is still on-track and a desired goal for the powers that be in our country) and B) they're still a long way from the "weather modification was perfected" statement of the initial page, which cites it all the way back to the 70's.

IS it happening? Yes.

IS it harmful? Yes, because even a quick glance through the AF pages (and yes, folks, those are real) reveals that they speak blatantly about the very things I mentioned: Induced drought and induced storms.

As I said, those things are a long way from being perfected; and I stand by my statement, the moment they actually OWN the weather, it's the beginning of the end for many.

Old 05-28-2010, 12:39 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
I think that we are experiencing Global Cool-Warm-cooling-warming.

The best thing a person can do is re-locate to a rural region that has never experienced drought, with extremely low property taxes, where they do not tax your income. Then begin homestead farming, grow your own food and market the surplus.

Or at least that is what we did.
Yup....instead of worrying about this potential catastrophe or that possible disaster,get yourself set up and ENJOY your life.

An old song lyric....

What’s the use of worrying? It never was worth while, so pack up your troubles in your old kit-bag, and smile, smile, smile.

Oh and don't forget to have lots of food and survival gear handy...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness