Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 07:50 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,205,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reebo View Post
but I'd just like to call to their attention this was a crappy suit.
That's a good way to handle it. Tell them you value the quality of their merchandise (even if you don't) and that you want them to be aware of the poor quality of this particular suit so that other customers don't have the same disappointment. Make it seem as though you're looking out for the store and its reputation.

For all you know, this particular brand of suit could have been a total disaster for everyone who bought it, and the store already has some sort of refund or credit policy on that brand alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2011, 08:38 AM

4,947 posts, read 10,815,139 times
How could you POSSIBLY think it's normal to return anything after T W O years?
Why didnt you return it when you first had a tear?

Mark my words...as soon as you walk out the door E V E R Y single employee is gonna talk about the lady that tried to return a 2 year old suit.

You'll be infamous.
.....and disliked.

Old 10-05-2011, 09:24 AM

2,146 posts, read 3,062,186 times
Quote:
How could you POSSIBLY think it's normal to return anything after T W O years?
Why didnt you return it when you first had a tear?
I don't inspect my husband's suits every time he wears one. It's definitely on him that this has gone on so long.

Quote:
Mark my words...as soon as you walk out the door E V E R Y single employee is gonna talk about the lady that tried to return a 2 year old suit.

You'll be infamous.
.....and disliked.
Really? I'm supposed to care that employees may be talking about me when I leave or that they dislike me? They're not my friends. I don't even know them. Jeez, it would be exhausting to be worried that everyone I encounter in a day like me. It's a business transaction, not a testimonial dinner in my honor.

Last edited by reebo; 10-05-2011 at 09:25 AM.. Reason: Cause quoting is still a challenge.

Old 10-05-2011, 02:38 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,684,013 times
Take it from experience, a quality store, selling a quality product, will want to properly satisfy a customer who's expectations was not met. Not only was your expecations not met, but the expectaions of the store and manufacture probably were not met.
BUT, they are not going to care one bit about this if your bringing back a suit that looks like some bum wore it while crawling through a tunnel for heat. had you brought it back 1 year, 2 years or 3 years later with a pocket that was starting to fray, they may have mended it for you as good will. But cut off pockets, frayed waitbands and who knows what other horrors were flung on that garment is way beyond reasonable. the mistake was cutting off the pockets and not brining it back the second it fell below expectations.
You can try and they can say no, but it will be a long process because I belive they will be laughing hard, long and loud right in front of you (and everyone else) that by the time they stop peeing their pants and explain why, you would have already ran out of the store hiding your face.

Old 10-05-2011, 03:24 PM

Wow, PacificFlights and StaggerLee22 must have had some awful shopping experiences to draw on. Thanks for your opinions.

Old 10-05-2011, 03:53 PM

61,726 posts, read 87,147,355 times
Well, we do not know how many times he had the suit on, for how long and what was the aftercare.

Old 10-05-2011, 03:57 PM

22,591 posts, read 47,680,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post

Along with anyone reading this post....

Old 10-05-2011, 04:14 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
No

Old 10-05-2011, 05:13 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,815,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reebo View Post
Wow, PacificFlights and StaggerLee22 must have had some awful shopping experiences to draw on. Thanks for your opinions.
I worked retail for 20plus years in Manhattan and have seen it all.

All but this.
For the OP, I agree, who cares what the employees say or think.
I was just throwing that out there because it's going to happen.
So don't make that your primary suit-store from that point forward.

You are not being reasonable at all thinking the store somehow owes you anything.
No clothing store on earth would want to refund or exchange a 2 year old worn ALTERED article.
"The trouser pocket frayed so badly he had to cut it out. The waistband is shot and coming unbound."
The problem with the suit comes from wear and tear is what the store will tell you.

THE STORE OWED YOU NOTHING
NOTHING AT ALL

Deal with it.

Old 10-05-2011, 05:46 PM

Dealing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products