Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2016, 10:38 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times

Advertisements

All my cat food, kcups when I want to have them around. I don't buy as much food items as I'd like online because I still have to go to the grocery store for perishables so it's easy to just grab the other stuff while I'm there.

"But I order a lot of stuff from Amazon, and have for years. Television sets, computers, tablets, clothes, bras, nightgowns, etc. DH has ordered shoes"

I had to check your user name to make sure I didn't write that and forget because I've bought all that stuff from Amazon too! Only the shoes were for me and my son.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2016, 05:17 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,078,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
K-cups and smoked jerky, bacon, hams and turkeys.
What kind of bacon and other meats? That is interesting. I refuse to buy any more
Smithfield products. I like thick cut bacon but it rarely goes on sale. We like the smaller hams and turkey breasts. Will have to look on Amazon to see if it would be too expensive.

Old 09-06-2016, 01:21 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,646,355 times
I get most of my stuff at Costco, but I can see the future when I can't drive I will be doing more shopping on Amazon. I loathe going from store to store for an item - husband needed a special paint sprayer, many minutes on the phone to Lowes and Home Depot and they clerks either didn't understand what he was looking for or were too lazy to really look for it.

I ordered it on Amazon, picking it up today.

Old 09-06-2016, 03:22 PM

24,466 posts, read 25,999,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
What kind of bacon and other meats? That is interesting. I refuse to buy any more
Smithfield products. I like thick cut bacon but it rarely goes on sale. We like the smaller hams and turkey breasts. Will have to look on Amazon to see if it would be too expensive.
Here ya go, don't know how far they ship as the meats are frozen. Pricey for sure. bot oh so good.

Smoked Bacon, Smoked Ham, Smoked Pork Loin | Mahogany Smoked Meats

Old 09-07-2016, 06:25 AM

Wow-$ 12.50 for a lb of bacon!!! It must be REALLY good. maybe I will treat myself to some for Christmas. Thank you for the link.

Old 09-07-2016, 01:51 PM

24,466 posts, read 25,999,509 times
Quote:
Wow-$ 12.50 for a lb of bacon!!! It must be REALLY good. maybe I will treat myself to some for Christmas. Thank you for the link.
It is really good, all the fat is removed and it doesn't shrivel up like the store bought stuff.

I treat us a couple of times a year, sometimes they have a sale, last order I made was for 3 lbs.

Old 09-07-2016, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
It is really good, all the fat is removed and it doesn't shrivel up like the store bought stuff.

I treat us a couple of times a year, sometimes they have a sale, last order I made was for 3 lbs.

I did. Can't wait to find a sale!

Old 09-09-2016, 12:11 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,322,556 times
I order all my cat food from www.chewy.com, with the exception of one flavor he likes that I order from Petco with free shipping. I used to go to Petsmart every month, but their prices keep going up. Besides, it's $.28 less per can to order it, and I do that every three months.

I shop at Walmart, sometimes at Target, and buy meat on sale at various stores, including Hispanic markets.

Old 09-12-2016, 03:33 AM

6,191 posts, read 7,356,199 times
Quote:
Amazon Prime is so convenient- in fact too convenient really. We think nothing of ordering something like scone mix knowing it will be delivered the next day. If I went to the store for scone mix I know I would spend $50 to make the trip worthwhile.

So now we are ordering on line

all our pet food
kitty litter
aluminium pans for pot lucks, etc
kitchen towels in bulk
bulk cheap shower caps which I use instead of saran wrap for leftovers
White Lily flour
cake flour
lots of other things.

What do you order online? Are the savings significant or is it the convenience which matters most?

I have actually tried to shop for things on Amazon Prime but generally I find many of the things listed are more expensive on Amazon than Walmart. Or just more expensive than the store I'm going to anyway.

Litter and cat food = cheaper on Walmart than Amazon, for me.

Old 09-12-2016, 06:49 AM

50,369 posts, read 63,964,084 times
Lobsters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products