Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2016, 10:16 PM

5,580 posts, read 6,504,647 times

Advertisements

At my age I have pretty much "been there, done that" and know what I like. So I find it frustrating when I want something and it is no longer available at the stores I shop at.

For example, I love Kraft Fudgies. Chocolate caramels. Kraft Caramels were impossible to find years ago, because, I believe, the company merged or was bought out and the caramels were no longer made. Now they are available again but I cannot find the Fudgies in stores. So I found them online, and with shipping, they cost a "fortune". I just broke down and bought them off of Amazon. They arrived and taste just like I remember!

I found and love Gold Bond Hand Sanitizing Moisturizer. It is a hand lotion, so it doesn't dry out my hands like soap and water or gel sanitizers. Used to find the purse size in the stores, no longer. Found it online, also in a larger size, and paid a "fortune." But I now have it and it will last me quite awhile.

Tell us what your HTF items are and if you found them online or had to travel far to get it/them, and if you "paid through the nose".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2016, 10:34 PM

13,131 posts, read 20,984,674 times
Mallomars

I have to have a friend on the east coast buy them, pack them and ship them to me since our stores are not on the distribution list. Even the stores that get them will run out by days end as a single person may swoop in and buy all the boxes right off the shelf at once.

I did buy them from Amazon twice, but they tasted off as if they were over exposed to warm or stuffy air. Mallomars can go south real fast is mistreated. And, since they end sales in March, those packages you buy after April have been sitting around. Never buy them towards the end of that season's run as you know they were sitting on some warehouse shelf past their best by date.

Old 11-18-2016, 10:43 PM

2,320 posts, read 1,868,785 times
I love this brand of foaming hand sanitizer that uses all natural ingredients(no alcohol so it doesn't burn if you have cracked or chapped skin) plus a light scent thats not fake or overwhelming, called "Cleanwell" it comes in this bigger pump like 12 oz thats way more economical than the little bottles for your pockets (I like to keep it in my car, its also useful for camping or for any situation you want to quickly clean your hands and you might not have water/ soap handy)- any ways they used to carry it at whole foods and then they discontinued it--

found it on Amazon- so Happy!!!

Old 11-18-2016, 10:49 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,283,162 times
Turkey Hill Chocolate Nutty Moose Tracks ice cream. Gone. Sad. Was my favorite.

Chocolate Better 'N Peanut Butter disappeared from the shelves in my area. Still sold online (for a price + shipping)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products