Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2017, 07:53 AM

938 posts, read 1,229,320 times

Advertisements

I had changed wireless phone service from T-Mobile to Verizon. The reason inconsistencies with billing. Verizon's plan was what I wanted and needed and we had a very successful honeymoon then Reality set in. You can have no happy marriage with any cellular service provider because they will find time to ruin the relationship. Today my bill was $10.00 more -- why -- because when I had taken on the plan it was for 10 Months which means the $10 difference which caused me to go with Verizon and leave T-Mobile has gone away. Problem is -- no one told me it was for only 10 months. In fact my parting words were: "Now this will remain the same for the entire time we do business" The answer had been "Yes Sir". Wrong!!!! Here is why the complaining. Its not entirely about the $10 but because at the time I was at Verizon I also agreed to Paperless billing which according to their now service representative shows clearly that the discount had only been for 10 months. I never noted that on the bill. Why because the rep offered and I accepted paperless billing. Do not know about you but if the bill is the same each month I figure things are going pretty well and no need to review the bill. I'm not happy and revenge will be mine at the end of the device payment plan then Verizon Wireless can go paperless, go shirtless, go to H____ as far as I am concerned. Why do these companies always devise a way to scheme. I truly believe the rep figured well no worry about this for 10 mos. Not a good way to do business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2017, 08:28 AM

22,594 posts, read 47,689,519 times
So... you didn't read the terms of your agreement, and now you are upset about the terms?
I would suggest that no matter who you go to next - read the terms of your agreement!

Oh, and revenge will not be yours, as Verizon won't even notice you are gone...

Old 01-23-2017, 09:06 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,027,723 times
Paperless just means you get the bill online instead in the mail. It doesn't mean you just ignore the bill and never look at them.

I had a 12 month speciality rate with Charter. I was able to call and change my rate before I was charged their "normal" price because I saw on my bill that my promotion was ending next month.

Old 01-23-2017, 10:55 PM

997 posts, read 937,850 times
I don't like the bait and switch, even if they do tell you in advance. You shouldn't have to read the contract if you have a rep to explain it to you. It shouldn't be confusing, or not as originally stated.

If the rep said "this is your forever bill" that should be adequate. The written contract is boring to read. Why would someone have to double check to make sure they aren't lied to and deceived. If they are lied to and deceived then there is a problem.

That is the point.

In my opinion, there should be a tape of that phone call somewhere. Where is the tape? That is what I would ask for.

Verizon does care about losing customers.

Old 01-24-2017, 01:14 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,027,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronicka View Post
If the rep said "this is your forever bill" that should be adequate.
Even if the OP didn't have a promotional price, I can't see Verizon claiming that there prices will never go up. Maybe the employee misunderstood what the OP was asking, or the OP misunderstood the sales rep. Either way, its important to understand the contract you are signing, no matter how boring of a read it might be.

Old 01-26-2017, 04:12 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,030,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronicka View Post
I don't like the bait and switch, even if they do tell you in advance. You shouldn't have to read the contract if you have a rep to explain it to you. It shouldn't be confusing, or not as originally stated.

You should each and every contract you agree too..if not, it can come back and bite you n the ass
If the rep said "this is your forever bill" that should be adequate. The written contract is boring to read. Why would someone have to double check to make sure they aren't lied to and deceived. If they are lied to and deceived then there is a problem.

That is the point.

What they told you does not trump what you're agreed to in the contract..why in the world would you agree to a contract without reading it??????

In my opinion, there should be a tape of that phone call somewhere. Where is the tape? That is what I would ask for.

Verizon does care about losing customers.

Verizon does not care about losing customers.....no large company gives a rat's ass about losing one measly $100 a month customer.

Old 01-27-2017, 11:55 AM

46 posts, read 40,624 times
Does anyone else have this plan?

I was looking at getting it as well..

And paperless billing and auto-pay are the way to go regardless IMO.

Old 01-27-2017, 07:00 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,697,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensfan84 View Post
Does anyone else have this plan?

I was looking at getting it as well..

And paperless billing and auto-pay are the way to go regardless IMO.
I have ATandT with auto pay and paperless billing. Each month I get an email telling me my bill is on line to view. When payment is taken they send me a text to confirm it. My bill is always the same and has been-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products