Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2022, 11:27 AM

554 posts, read 345,700 times

Advertisements

I watch these shopping shows because I like to see the clothes.

I'm not sure what the big deal is over the Barefoot Dreams line of clothing.

I like a lot of the clothes they show, and they're constantly talking about how soft the fabric is. When I look online at the fabric it's mostly polyester which is not only cheap but very hot when wearing.

I would think at the prices these items are there would be more cotton and less poly. I don't care that the company is in Malibu these items are not made there.

Also, I like a lot of the clothes they show from the Side Stitch line of clothing. Again, not sure about such high prices.

If anyone has items from either Barefoot Dreams or Side stitch clothing, please comment.

Really missing the days of buying quality clothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2022, 01:59 PM

1,544 posts, read 1,192,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellamax2 View Post
I watch these shopping shows because I like to see the clothes.

I'm not sure what the big deal is over the Barefoot Dreams line of clothing.

I like a lot of the clothes they show, and they're constantly talking about how soft the fabric is. When I look online at the fabric it's mostly polyester which is not only cheap but very hot when wearing.

I would think at the prices these items are there would be more cotton and less poly. I don't care that the company is in Malibu these items are not made there.

Also, I like a lot of the clothes they show from the Side Stitch line of clothing. Again, not sure about such high prices.

If anyone has items from either Barefoot Dreams or Side stitch clothing, please comment.

Really missing the days of buying quality clothing.
You can still buy quality clothing, but you'll have to venture out beyond QVC & HSN.

Their clothing is of mediocre quality, overpriced, and takes too long to ship. This has been my observation. I've bought some cleaver kitchen & tech. gadgets and from these two in the distant past, but I don't buy clothing or shoes from them because it's too risky getting the right fit and you have to pay the shipping if your return it. Kind of an outdated business model if you ask me.

My mom buys a lot from Q and HSN, but mostly I think she likes the company of the hosts who never stop talking, and she's a shopaholic. I can't take it for long.

And yes, polyester is bad for hot climates - doesn't breathe. But cheap to make.

Old 07-05-2022, 03:12 PM

I remember buying beautiful quality clothing in the 80's still have many beautiful clothes from that time.

I, too, cannot watch the shopping shows for too long. Some of the hosts are a little more mellow and not as hyper as the other ones.

It makes me laugh how certain hosts are going to buy every color of the top they are showing. I thought really you're going to buy 18 tops?

Old 07-05-2022, 03:47 PM

1,544 posts, read 1,192,841 times
If I had to pick a favorite host, it would probably be David on QVC. He’s kind of mellow and funny sometimes and his voice doesn’t grate on you like a cheese grater (unlike many of the other female presenters). And I like kitchen stuff, and he does a lot of that. It sounds like I listen to QVC a lot, but I don’t. It’s just that he is one of the few presenters that doesn’t make me go running from the room at mom‘s house.

Old 07-06-2022, 08:54 AM

7,327 posts, read 12,333,607 times
The problem with HSN/QVC is their slow shipping. I ordered a pink Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 tablet from them on Sunday, June 19, and the order didn't leave the warehouse until Wednesday (it shipped from a vendor). It then was finally delivered by UPS on Saturday. I could have waited until Monday to get the same deal from Amazon and got same-day delivery. On the positive side, I got a box to be able to ship my old A7 to sell (usually Amazon Same-Day orders come in a plastic bag where I live).

Old 07-07-2022, 09:26 AM

2,003 posts, read 2,879,814 times
Can't speak for HSN as I don't ever watch them, but QVC's prices are ridiculous. I know there's inflation all over and a trip to the grocery store these days involves taking smelling salts so I don't pass out when looking at the price tags, but QVC's prices are insane. Who in their right mind is going to pay $60 for a cheesecake? At that price it better have gold dust sprinkled on it and be flown here by an endangered unicorn.

Old 07-07-2022, 11:35 AM

I know what you mean about the cheesecake !

I still can't get over when they show a tee shirt for $45 ! and talk about a cotton probably poly blend tee carrying on & on about the quality I think to myself it's a tee shirt people get real !

They talk about the tee shirt as thought it's the finest cashmere, which now has some blend usually mixed in. I still have cashmere finest quality from the 80's the really soft lux cashmere that is very difficult to find now.

Last edited by bellamax2; 07-07-2022 at 12:47 PM..

Old 07-13-2022, 05:01 PM

4,269 posts, read 8,171,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamson520 View Post
Can't speak for HSN as I don't ever watch them, but QVC's prices are ridiculous. I know there's inflation all over and a trip to the grocery store these days involves taking smelling salts so I don't pass out when looking at the price tags, but QVC's prices are insane. Who in their right mind is going to pay $60 for a cheesecake? At that price it better have gold dust sprinkled on it and be flown here by an endangered unicorn.
Working there, I was absolutely amazed by the amount of people that bought the crazy overpriced food. They sell an absolute ton of it. The few things I tried that we sold, I was not impressed at all. Except for the Ms Prindable Apples, those are delicious!

Old 07-13-2022, 05:47 PM

1,914 posts, read 2,242,966 times
QVC and HSN offer products their marketing departments have determined their target demographic will buy. Their target demographic does not include people who can recognize quality fabrics, quality design, or quality workmanship in clothing. Their prices make their target customers think they are getting the same kind of clothing their idols wear, but their idols are likely people who equate price with "class," so the sellers put high prices on cheap clothing and laugh all the way to the bank.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products