Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 04:08 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times

Advertisements

I've kept a card from our son for years where he opens his heart-it's more precious than diamonds, gold or anything. Simple is best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2009, 12:51 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,953,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamerican View Post
Folks,

I know mother's day is not until next month, but considering how lousy I am at deciding what to get, I though I would try to get a head start for two of my special ladies; Mom and Wife .

Any suggestions guys and gals?
My friend did the coolest thing for his wife! He took 3 pictures from his children, individual shots of each of their best pictures, and he hired a very tallented young artist from a local school. He sketched the most amazing picture of the 3 children. He had it framed and that was his wife's gift...it's beautiful. And it did not cost a lot since he went through a local school.

Old 04-24-2009, 07:21 PM

2 posts, read 4,933 times
A mother's ring fits the ocation, hey something she needs is best too! A basket of things not to buy like toilet paper,tissues,soaps,shampoos,lotions,conditioners, cleaning supplies. so she'd save on her pocket book you could do a fancy gift basket with soaps perfumes lotions oils hair prettys etc..
candy and flowers "camasoles are always needed and pretty"

Old 05-01-2009, 09:20 AM

111 posts, read 258,722 times
You know your mom the best... you can choose her the best gift. I think when shopping for Mothers day gifts, do not forget to think about mom's likes dislikes. Most of the time women like choices; it's better to leave selection process to mom. A gift card may give her total control over what she wants or needs, whether it's apparel, jewelry or spa.

Old 05-01-2009, 08:41 PM

3,199 posts, read 13,399,081 times
If your mom does not have a computer, one of those picture frames that show a slide show of images (with or without accompanying songs that you can also load) are really nice. You can add pictures now and then by just bringing your chip along with you when you come to visit.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:27 PM

1,636 posts, read 4,229,602 times
MASSAGE MASSAGE MASSAGE!!!! Local Hospitals offer them at a decent price along with YMCA's. Like $50 for a half hour.

COMFY PAJAMAS OR NIGHTGOWN/NOT NOT NOT SEXY This is always a hit for women

HAVE HER HOUSE CLEANED BY A COMPANY OR BETTER YET YOU!!!! I know MANY mothers who would absolutely looooooooooooove this. .

A perfect day would be breakfast made by someone else other than me. And afternoon of getting a massage and the time to read a couple chapters ALONE in the park or library or coffee shop and to come home to a cleaned home.

I guess if your mother enjoys the simple things (which I would also love) a homemade card with something personal written on the inside. Even if my kids were 40!!!!

Old 05-02-2009, 12:58 AM

24 posts, read 83,063 times
I planted a small perrinial garden for my mom about 5 years ago and it was the best! She had a small area that needed a little something, so I planted some Tulips/Daffodils/Hyacinths bulbs, Purple Moss and some Hostas (as there was one area of shade) plus a couple daylilly bushes? Anyway, just some basic hardy items as I am no green thumb! Anyway, I rocked around it and now every April/May her bulbs pop, moss perks and the rest last all summer long! A wonderful Mothers Day gift that she'll enjoy for years! Just an idea!

Old 01-06-2010, 12:12 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
You don't know how, i wish i had the opportunity, to be with my Mother for Mother's Day this coming year. Enjoy very much your day with your Mom's, for i lost mine lat May, and was in the room when she past. My memeories of her last Mother's Day are so sad, i still want to cry, she was strong, determined, a fighter, till her very end. Take Mother's Day serious, and truly enjoy all that your Mother's have ever been AND done for you. Don't take for granted, things cannot happen in a heartbeat, they did for us. My Mom lost her fight, to live, she was so so sick, she is now home in Heaven, and i still want my Mother to know just how much i miss her so, lover her, and wish she were still here. I love you Mom. I think what i am trying to say, is the gift does not really matter, it's spending time with your Mom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products