Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City
 [Register]
Shreveport-Bossier City Bossier Parish, Caddo Parish, De Soto Parish
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 02:26 PM

2 posts, read 55,779 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know what Walmart is up to with no wine on sundays? This is some new policy that Walmart has started and Walmart will NOT tell you the truth about it. When asked why you can't buy wine on sunday you first may get that the line that it is illegal to sell wine with an alcohol content over 6%. That has never been true in recent times to my knowledge. That cuts out almost all wine with the exception of maybe wine coolers. If you tell them they are mistaken that everyone else in Shreveport is selling wine on sundays, Walmart then will tell you some other tale or simply say that it is the store policy. Once before Walmart started this and went back to selling wine on sundays like everyone else. Why is Walmart so screwed up about this wine thing? And, where does this come from? Is it out of Arkansas HQ? What is more infuriating is that there are no signs about this. You just find out when you go to check out. I not only refused to accept this, but I left a whole basket of groceries at the checkout stand to protest their policy and the fact that it was not posted in the area where wine is sold. So, take that Walmart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2010, 06:06 PM

3,071 posts, read 8,021,103 times
Dunno why they are doing that. Like you say everyone else sells on sunday to the best of my knowledge. I quit shopping at wally some time ago as they always seem to be up to something. Doesn't sound like they know the rules very well. Wine's wine for cryin out loud. Now maybe a fortified wine such as brandy may have more than legal limits. I don't know. Maybe someone else could enlighten us.

Old 05-07-2011, 07:57 PM

Has this ever been rectified? Does anybody out there know?

Old 05-09-2011, 11:58 AM

299 posts, read 641,622 times
Well as much as I hate walmart with a passion, they do have the right to make that type of rule.

But there is a State law where you can not purchase alcohol before noon (I think) on Sundays.

Old 05-09-2011, 09:58 PM

4,230 posts, read 10,483,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Analog Man View Post
But there is a State law where you can not purchase alcohol before noon (I think) on Sundays.
In Lousiana? No way. Wal-mart here sells hard alcohol from the time it opens until the time it closes, 7 days a week. Same with CVS, etc. It has to be a local law.

Old 05-10-2011, 05:59 AM

Probably this is WalMart making up its own rules for some reason. I don't know of any other store that refuses to do this. You would think they would train the checkers better. Guess it cost too much money

Old 05-10-2011, 08:42 AM

299 posts, read 641,622 times
Quote:
It has to be a local law.
It must be then. I was not aware of this type of law until I tried to purchase alcohol from walmart and Rite Aid this past Sunday and was refused. Of course I asked the manager and according to him it was a State law.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:44 AM

1,111 posts, read 1,182,846 times
None of the Wallmarts in my area (NW Ohio) sell any form of alcohol; I thought they where all that way. Odd. Some state laws are kinda dumb. When I lived up in MN (~10years ago), no beer over 3.2% could be sold in grocery stores, and could only get alcohol at state liquor stores once it was after 8pm, or not at all (with exceptions of bars) after 8pm - I can't exactly remember, but I remember it being stupid.

Old 05-10-2011, 11:32 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,814,714 times
It is likely a parish law. Like other states wet and dry counties.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 05-10-2011, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Analog Man View Post
It must be then. I was not aware of this type of law until I tried to purchase alcohol from walmart and Rite Aid this past Sunday and was refused. Of course I asked the manager and according to him it was a State law.
The liquor stores and the supermarkets (except super walmart) all sell beer and wine on sunday in my area. No spirits. I think some of these managers really don't know the laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City