Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2015, 11:19 PM

36 posts, read 50,279 times

Advertisements

Hi,

We are looking to relocate out of the heat and to a place with more green. It is my wife and 3 daughters ages 9, 5, and 2.

Out household income with roughly around $40K - $50K

We are looking for a safe neighborhood, with good schools. Looking for advice on possible 3 Bedroom apartments or 3 Bedroom houses.

Any advice / recommendations would be greatly appreciated as we are set to move middle of May 2015 or early part of June.

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2015, 11:36 AM

20 posts, read 19,618 times
I hope you are really serious about escaping the heat cuz it is SO cold right now. I am glad I left this morning. (visiting) The summers are humid.

Old 01-09-2015, 01:02 AM

64 posts, read 107,544 times
Just be smart, grass isn't always greener. So glad I moved out of Sioux Falls, its not a bad place but its not a place for every one. Do you know any one there or have been to at least know what you are getting yourself into?

Old 01-09-2015, 11:50 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,857,159 times
You will be safe in most of S F and it will be cooler than many parts of the country. You will have to get an answer from someone else on which schools are the best. It would be helpful to put everything in perspective to know where you are coming from.

uh

Old 01-14-2015, 08:06 AM

25 posts, read 45,458 times
Sioux Falls is a great place to raise a family. Worst part of the city is the winters, but the change of seasons can be fun

SW side of town is popular for entry level type homes. Downtown lofts are popular but more expensive. East side of town has better parks for children and more trees/greenspace. Apartments all over town

Also summers aren't that humid. Nothing compared to Houston/Florida type humidity

Last edited by ElkHunter; 01-14-2015 at 10:13 PM..

Old 01-14-2015, 03:50 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,386,447 times
Here's a link to schools: Sioux Falls Schools - Sioux Falls South Dakota School Ratings - Public and Private

and this: Sioux Falls Schools | SD - Ratings and Map of Public and Private Schools

I was raised in South Dakota both near the Badlands and near Sioux Falls. Great place to raise a family. Of course the schools were better then. Hadn't been dumbed down and no Common Core mischief. My teachers were amazing and my education was so good that when we relocated to the west coast after my Junior year, I had nothing to do in school my Senior year. Everything the Senior class was covering I had already covered in my Freshman year! I wound up doing special projects that whole last year of High School when they figured out I was dialing it in and getting straight A's.

But I can tell you this, the people of SD are really wonderful. Very welcoming and straight shooters. As in any town, there are pockets to avoid, but I haven't lived there in awhile, so I can't give you advice on that.

I'm in Phoenix and I feel your pain about summer. I've thought about moving back to the West River (Rapid City area.) And then we have a day like today compared to the SD weather and I wonder if I can snowbird it!

Old 01-19-2015, 04:04 PM

1 posts, read 1,660 times
Freeman SD is a great place to live. The Community has to offer jobs, schools; private and public. A very friendly community with two grocery stores, a casey's and ampride gas stations. The hospital and retirement community's are connected with a nursing home for care based jobs. Vermeer Inc. with two machinery dealers a lumber yard many of which are looking for individuals looking for jobs. Check us out on the web
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls