Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 02:48 PM

3 posts, read 22,517 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I am an Indian. My husbands got a job in SF. we are moving to SF in May and I was wondering if there is any Indian grocery shop available in the Sioux falls area. I have 5 month old baby and cant drive 4 hrs to Minneapolis just for groceries. I am desperate. Please help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2011, 05:26 PM

19,723 posts, read 10,498,348 times
perhaps contact Multi-Cultural Center of Sioux Falls (MCC)
515 N. Main Ave.,
Sioux Falls, SD57104
605-367-7400

Old 04-29-2011, 11:00 PM

3,245 posts, read 6,302,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishnagiri View Post
Hi,
I am an Indian. My husbands got a job in SF. we are moving to SF in May and I was wondering if there is any Indian grocery shop available in the Sioux falls area. I have 5 month old baby and cant drive 4 hrs to Minneapolis just for groceries. I am desperate. Please help.
I suggest doing an extensive online search. You can buy almost anything online now, if you can find a site with good prices and fresh product. Examples:

Amazon.com: toor dal

TheIndianFoodStore

Urad Dal - 32oz by Swad

iShopIndian.com

Tamarind Paste

Dried Chilis

Shop Spices Online

Spices A-Z

Fresh Turmeric

IndianBlend

This does not solve the question of fresh products. You probably can get a fresh healthy yogurt at an organic grocery coop.

Co-op Natural Foods

If you can't find fresh coriander or ginger at regular grocery stores,try looking at a Mexican or Asian grocery store. Thanh Mai & Mercato were two listed on a Google search. Good Luck!

Old 04-30-2011, 09:22 AM

4 posts, read 19,095 times
Check out Thanh Mai on East Rice Street by John Morrells. It is operated by a Vietnamese woman, but they have food items from India. There is also a Phillipine Orential Store on North Minnesota. I haven't been to that store so I don't know if they have any items from India.

There is a fair number of people from India that have moved to Sioux Falls in recent years, so you should be able to find something.

Old 05-03-2011, 01:30 AM

188 posts, read 938,653 times
There is a small store that sells those type of products located in a small shopping center at the corner of N Minnesota Ave and W 6th ST, I'm not 100% sure that it's all from India. There is a car wash, laundromat and the small store in a parking lot there.
I'm not currently in Sioux Falls at the moment but we did visit that store last Month while making final moving arrangements. We will be back permanently to Sioux Falls the first Week of June so you will find it before I could go look at the name but the store is called "Dakota" or something to that.

They do not open until Noon and their hours were not on the door so we kept going back until they opened, they sell bulk spices, can/bottle items and general merchandise, it's a very small place and you can not see it very well from the main street so pull into the parking lot and it's on the right side of the laundromat.. If you want to to send you the name send me message and I will once we get back in town.

Hope this helps, we buy a lot of European food for our home so we tried to visit every foreign food grocery in Sioux Falls to see what our options were, as someone already mentioned you might want to consider buying online and also try Co-op Natural Foods.

Last edited by Peperosso; 05-03-2011 at 01:40 AM..

Old 05-18-2011, 03:26 AM

3 posts, read 22,517 times
Thank you all

Old 05-26-2011, 12:59 AM

188 posts, read 938,653 times
Krishnagiri;

If you don't mind please tell us what Indian stores you have found and prefer in the area? I'm always looking for new types of food to buy and enjoy.

Thanks.

Old 05-29-2011, 09:48 AM

4,864 posts, read 6,929,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishnagiri View Post
Hi,
I'm curious as to what types of foods make up Indian cuisine? I've never been to an indian restaurant.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:32 AM

2 posts, read 14,106 times
There's a very good Indian store on 41st St. here's the link:

Food, Health, Concepts, grocery, indian, chinese, filipino, nepali, korean, japanese, mediterranean, dietary supplements, health food

There is also an Indian restaurant called Shahi palace...good food and a reasonable daily buffet from 11 AM to 2:30 PM.
Shahi Palace, Inc. INDIA GRILL

Old 01-04-2012, 07:31 PM

90 posts, read 201,493 times
Yumm...do you make samosas (sp?) and butter chicken? Those are my faves! I grew up in a community with a large Indian population and just went to my first Sikh wedding last month. It was SO much fun! Plus I simply gorged myself on all of the delicious Indian food. Delish!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls