Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 11:56 AM

234 posts, read 499,149 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am planning on going to the 2014 world cup for the final two weeks in July with my 14 year old son. We would like to stay in Rio for at least part of the time. The biggest issue appears to be finding an apartment or any place to stay. I have contacted a few places online but so far they have told me they do not have space. Any tips for finding a place to stay? I would like to find either an apartment or any place with access to a kitchen. Also I'm curious as to what I might be expected to pay for a small apartment or studio. Any advice you can give me regarding this would be greatly appreciated thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2013, 02:12 PM

7,956 posts, read 11,846,883 times
Get your accommodation booked ASAP! You won't have long left until everywhere is full. I am thinking about going also. Need to get moving and do research. Be a good experience.

Old 07-17-2013, 05:03 PM

1,650 posts, read 1,546,099 times
Was thinking of going but none of the lads can go. Book now because when teams start to qualify, prices will be through the roof and places taking. Look at Ireland for example. Right now, you could get to Rio much cheaper than in November(if Ireland qualify, of course).

Old 07-17-2013, 07:55 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,410,769 times
Go on a Brazillian dating website, tell some chick youll marry her so she can have a US passport if she lets yous stay with her for two weeks.

Old 07-18-2013, 11:35 AM

130 posts, read 240,817 times
I'm gonna wait to see what Sol Campbell has to say about traveling to Brazil, like he did about going to Ukraine for Euro 2012...

Old 07-18-2013, 11:47 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,138,285 times
Rio will likely be every WC traveler's first choice so it will be far more competitive, crowded and expensive.

If you are willing to go to some of the Northern or Western host cities especially, booking your trip will be much easier. You will probably even be able to wait to see the match schedule and be able to buy tickets and accomodation on the late side. So if the USA is playing in Manaus or Fortaleza, you might prefer that anyway (assuming you want to root for Dempsey and Co.)

Old 07-18-2013, 11:54 AM

7,956 posts, read 11,846,883 times
I was thinking Belo Horizonte, Recife or Fortaleza.

Old 07-18-2013, 01:48 PM

921 posts, read 1,095,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i-drive View Post
I'm gonna wait to see what Sol Campbell has to say about traveling to Brazil, like he did about going to Ukraine for Euro 2012...
Haha, +1

Old 07-19-2013, 04:41 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,972,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i-drive View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Rio will likely be every WC traveler's first choice so it will be far more competitive, crowded and expensive.

If you are willing to go to some of the Northern or Western host cities especially, booking your trip will be much easier. You will probably even be able to wait to see the match schedule and be able to buy tickets and accomodation on the late side. So if the USA is playing in Manaus or Fortaleza, you might prefer that anyway (assuming you want to root for Dempsey and Co.)
I'm also planning on going to Brazil next year. My preference goes to Sao Paulo. I'd love to experience the life in this enormous metropolis. Porto Alegre also interests me. So I hope Belgium will be playing their games in the south (also due to the more tolerable weather conditions there).

Old 07-22-2013, 11:27 AM

2,886 posts, read 4,107,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post

why do u assume well be rooting for the usa? my passport might say usa but my jearsy says colombia!! Vámonos Colombia!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer