Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2018, 04:09 PM

3,255 posts, read 1,721,076 times

Advertisements

I was actually impressed with the US squad in the first half, you can tell France got their **** together at least 2nd round. Both teams deserve their respect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2018, 04:45 PM

Anyone else watched it?

Old 06-09-2018, 04:47 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,401,311 times
It was not a WC match. The USA did not qualify for the WC. The match was a friendly.

Old 06-09-2018, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
It was not a WC match. The USA did not qualify for the WC. The match was a friendly.
But France is warming up for the WC using this match, hence why I said warm-up game. Although even then they didn’t impress France by much. But they at least tied...

The head injuries, that was just awful though.

Old 06-09-2018, 05:01 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,401,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
But France is warming up for the WC using this match, hence why I said warm-up game. Although even then they didn’t impress France by much. But they at least tied...

The head injuries, that was just awful though.
I agree with you. The US squad at times looked very good. I am not as enthusiastic for the WC since the US did not qualify. If this line up had played maybe it would have qualified. I think the French were shell shocked when the US went up 1 nil.

Old 06-09-2018, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
I agree with you. The US squad at times looked very good. I am not as enthusiastic for the WC since the US did not qualify. If this line up had played maybe it would have qualified. I think the French were shell shocked when the US went up 1 nil.
And there comments in YT that try to bash on both teams lol. Chill our guys I am sure France has got all in the tank, durability and technique both look good in France.

Old 06-09-2018, 08:44 PM

3,281 posts, read 6,278,924 times
France dominated this match in almost every way except on the scoreboard. Les Bleus had their chances but could only connect on one opportunity. However if they play like this in the World Cup they'll be fine, particularly when they come up against other squads that also pack it in defensively. The only concern I'd have if I were them would be the shakiness of Lloris. (And as a Spurs fan, his inconsistency lately does actually worry me.)

I don't know what the USMNT takes away from this match. They didn't really do much to create many legitimate offensive chances, though their game plan to stop France from scoring in a match that didn't matter worked. Yet I've already stumbled across numerous articles suggesting that this will provide the organization with something big to build on as it moves forward. I'm not sure I agree with that.

Old 06-10-2018, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevelander17 View Post
France dominated this match in almost every way except on the scoreboard. Les Bleus had their chances but could only connect on one opportunity. However if they play like this in the World Cup they'll be fine, particularly when they come up against other squads that also pack it in defensively. The only concern I'd have if I were them would be the shakiness of Lloris. (And as a Spurs fan, his inconsistency lately does actually worry me.)

I don't know what the USMNT takes away from this match. They didn't really do much to create many legitimate offensive chances, though their game plan to stop France from scoring in a match that didn't matter worked. Yet I've already stumbled across numerous articles suggesting that this will provide the organization with something big to build on as it moves forward. I'm not sure I agree with that.
Both teams played fine.

Old 06-11-2018, 04:06 AM

4,204 posts, read 4,690,534 times
Mbappe is being touted as future star for France, soeone on the lines of Thierre Henry. Lets see how he performs for France in coming World Cup. Overall it was a good performance by USMNT, way better then the one we saw against Ireland recently.

Old 06-11-2018, 07:31 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,410,769 times
It was a meaningless friendly, nothing to get excited about. France's biggest goal was to come out with no injuries. You remember losing to a poor Ireland a few days earlier ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer