Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2016, 07:38 AM

6 posts, read 4,590 times

Advertisements

Hey folks,

To any of you familiar with unemployment...

I was let go prematurely by my employer three months ahead of time due to getting someone new in to be trained for my specific task as I start medical school in Greenville in August. Long story short, I was denied my benefits originally, had a hearing on Monday which the employer didn't contest and now I'm waiting to hear the result. They will not say anything over the phone but from the point that I was denied benefits, the automated service said my benefits were "EXHAUSTED". However, now today, when I called, it's giving me the actual amount again that I'm entitled and online it says I'm entitled to $6250.00. The women on the phone can't disclose the decision but said a decision was made earlier this morning. Should I take this as a good sign?

Last edited by HarveysCushion; 06-29-2016 at 07:52 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2016, 08:09 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,256,961 times
If a decision has been rendered, you should be notified promptly.

If you were discharged caused by workforce reduction, you should be eligible for unemployment benefits.

Old 06-29-2016, 09:21 AM

Knight, thanks for answering.

Does the fact that this morning my unemployment benefits were changed from "EXHAUSTED" to "$6250.00" indicate a decision in my favor was granted? Or should this not be insinuated in any way shape or form? The day my unemployment was originally denied it went to "EXHAUSTED" ($0.) Now, the morning the decision was rendered it has gone to "6250.00".

Old 06-29-2016, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarveysCushion View Post
Knight, thanks for answering.

Does the fact that this morning my unemployment benefits were changed from "EXHAUSTED" to "$6250.00" indicate a decision in my favor was granted? Or should this not be insinuated in any way shape or form? The day my unemployment was originally denied it went to "EXHAUSTED" ($0.) Now, the morning the decision was rendered it has gone to "6250.00".
It could be a sign that your appeal sustained. It should not be considered official unless you have received an official notice from the South Carolina Department of Employment and Workforce.

Old 06-29-2016, 10:17 AM

CarolinaKnight, thank you for your assistance. I do appreciate it.

Old 06-29-2016, 10:52 AM

14,249 posts, read 14,745,966 times
Typically if the company does not contest (as in not show up), the employee will be awarded benefits.

Old 06-29-2016, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
Typically if the company does not contest (as in not show up), the employee will be awarded benefits.
Thanks John. They did not show and told me they had no interest in contesting this. The gentleman adjudicating it said he'd have a decision very quickly. And this morning my status changed and there was a decision. So, would be a first, but I like to think this could be in my favor.

Old 07-04-2016, 08:25 AM

Quick update: found out there was a reversal and I am now entitled to unemployment at this point. I appreciate all the advice here. How long, usually, will it take to be compensated for the reversal at this point?

Old 07-06-2016, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarveysCushion View Post
Quick update: found out there was a reversal and I am now entitled to unemployment at this point. I appreciate all the advice here. How long, usually, will it take to be compensated for the reversal at this point?
It could take several business days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
View detailed profiles of: