Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2014, 01:12 AM

467 posts, read 541,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD2013 View Post
How about 5 matchups?

Wisconsin's d-coordinator disagrees. He said USC's offense is a nightmare because they can adjust and be ANYTHING: A power running team, a speed running team, an QB running team, a passing team, a play action team.

Unlike Clemson's one-trick pony, USC can do whatever it needs to do to win.
yeah well SC def. made Clemson fumble the ball 3 times, 2 on punt returns and once while nearing the red zone. It wsa all about SC changing it up there. Those 3 fumbles were the top 3 ESPN highlights of the year and exmaples of just how awesome SC is. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2014, 01:12 AM

1,912 posts, read 2,409,489 times
And Francis.....are you ALWAYS on here? I swear man, I can come on here any day, any time, and post...and within 2 minutes, you post back. You are ALWAYS logged in here waiting on someone to chat with you, aren't you haha?

Anyway. Yeah, Spurrier is 5-0 vs Clemson since 2009, yet, you say he is only 3-6 vs Clemson. That's Clemson math for ya.

Old 01-05-2014, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Haha, well, you are DEFINITELY a Clemson grad with that math.

So, you say Spurrier is only 3-6 against Clemson. Yet....he is 5-0 since 2009.

Hmmmm. How does that math add up buddy
I meant 6-3, obviously. I'm just saying, he was only 1-3 against Bowden and Bowden/Dabo. Bowden was 7-2 against SC. We don't gush over that all the time. Clemson fired Bowden mid season despite 7-2 against SC. Even when we were losing more in ACC we were beating SC almost every year.

Old 01-05-2014, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis. View Post
I meant 6-3, obviously. I'm just saying, he was only 1-3 against Bowden and Bowden/Dabo. Bowden was 7-2 against SC. We don't gush over that all the time. Clemson fired Bowden mid season despite 7-2 against SC. Even when we were losing more in ACC we were beating SC almost every year.
And Army used to win the National Championship.

Stop living in the past. Fact is, the SEC is slowly pulling away from the ACC, and most of it's programs are pulling away too. USC is making drastic upgrades to facilities. Their reputation in this state and in the South is solidly better than Clemson's right now.

Historically, Clemson has had a better football program. But USC has caught up. USC has not only caught up, but surpassed Clemson now, and will keep doing so for a long time.

The SEC Network is about to kickoff. That means just more money for SEC schools. More money means new, shiny facilities. More money for top notch coaches.

I know how hard it is for Clemson fans to fathom.

But you guys are quickly becoming the equivalent to what GA Tech is to Georgia. The in-state little brother who sometimes wins a weaker league, but, still cant beat big brother.

Old 01-05-2014, 01:23 AM

Quote:
And Army used to win the National Championship.

Stop living in the past. Fact is, the SEC is slowly pulling away from the ACC, and most of it's programs are pulling away too. USC is making drastic upgrades to facilities. Their reputation in this state and in the South is solidly better than Clemson's right now.

Historically, Clemson has had a better football program. But USC has caught up. USC has not only caught up, but surpassed Clemson now, and will keep doing so for a long time. In the past 3 years Clemson is 3-0 against SEC teams that beat SC in the same season. We also have to better bowl victories in LSU and Ohio state than SC bowl victories over run of the mill Big 10 schools.

The SEC Network is about to kickoff. That means just more money for SEC schools. More money means new, shiny facilities. More money for top notch coaches.

I know how hard it is for Clemson fans to fathom.

But you guys are quickly becoming the equivalent to what GA Tech is to Georgia. The in-state little brother who sometimes wins a weaker league, but, still cant beat big brother.
dude, you chant 5 in ar ow over and over and over, and then tell me to stop living in the past. Even this year's game in the past and you won't ever get off Spurrier's jock.

When SC starts beating teams rthat Clemson beats in the same season, then I'll concede they are better than us. We only 2 losses this year and we didn't have one as bad as Tenn.

You didn't even go to SC or any f--- college, firefighter boy. I actually went to SC for a semester a few years ago, and my dad has engineering degree from there. I love you uneducated rednecks who become these SuperFans of some college you didn't go to and you probably couldn't even get into.

You prably one of these middle age guys who goes to high school football games on friday nights in the fall. lol

I wonder how Dabo is getting top 10 recruting classes if everyody thinks SC is the better program now, so why waste any time with Clemson right?. lol Why didn't Spurrier get Sammy Wakkins and Boyd and Vic Beasley and others? Wild guess but I think Boyd was more highly recruited than Conor Shaw. lol

Old 01-05-2014, 01:31 AM

Quote:
dude, you chant 5 in ar ow over and over and over, and then tell me to stop living in the past. Even this year's game in the past and you won't ever get off Spurrier's jock.

When SC starts beating teams rthat Clemson beats in the same season, then I'll concede they are better than us. We only 2 losses this year and we didn't have one as bad as Tenn.

You didn't even go to SC or any f--- college, firefighter boy. I actually went to SC for a semester a few years ago, and my dad has engineering degree from there. I love you uneducated rednecks who become these SuperFans of some college you didn't go to and you probably couldn't even get into.

You prably one of these middle age guys who goes to high school football games on friday nights in the fall. lol

I wonder how Dabo is getting top 10 recruting classes if everyody thinks SC is the better program now, so why waste any time with Clemson right?. lol Why didn't Spurrier get Sammy Wakkins and Boyd and Vic Beasley and others? Wild guess but I think Boyd was more highly recruited than Conor Shaw. lol
Why worry about "beating teams that Clemson beat" when we can just BEAT CLEMSON???

You're right. I didn't go to USC. I went to Coastal Carolina. I played linebacker there for 4 years on their team. Won a couple conference rings too. My dad went to USC.

Recruiting classes are ranked based on total numbers as much as total stars. You don't know squat about how that works.

Spurrier didn't get Watkins, Boyd, or Beasley. Why? Because Shaw, Jeffrey, Ellington, Clowney are better...and he got them. And how do I know Spurriers guys were better? Well, they keep beating Dabo's guys.

Kinda hard to argue.

Old 01-05-2014, 01:41 AM

Quote:
And Francis.....are you ALWAYS on here? I swear man, I can come on here any day, any time, and post...and within 2 minutes, you post back. You are ALWAYS logged in here waiting on someone to chat with you, aren't you haha?

Anyway. Yeah, Spurrier is 5-0 vs Clemson since 2009, yet, you say he is only 3-6 vs Clemson. That's Clemson math for ya.
dude, you are always on here and you start all these political hack threads whining about Republicans and how we are preventing you from making more than 5 bucks a year aiming water a fire.

Why don't you suck old man Spurrier off some more. lol or go to USC so you can be a legit fan. lol

you started blaming Republicans for the low educational attaintment of Demcrat voters and their crime and there getting STDs like we aresupposed to put on condoms for them, etc.+

Old 01-05-2014, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Why worry about "beating teams that Clemson beat" when we can just BEAT CLEMSON???

You're right. I didn't go to USC. I went to Coastal Carolina. I played linebacker there for 4 years on their team. Won a couple conference rings too. My dad went to USC.

Recruiting classes are ranked based on total numbers as much as total stars. You don't know squat about how that works.

Spurrier didn't get Watkins, Boyd, or Beasley. Why? Because Shaw, Jeffrey, Ellington, Clowney are better...and he got them. And how do I know Spurriers guys were better? Well, they keep beating Dabo's guys.

Kinda hard to argue.
lol, well you seem like the kind of person who went to a beach school like Coastal. winning conference rings ther is like being the skinnest kid at fat camp though. lol

oh yeah, shaw is better that is why he was 1-5 against ranked teams on the road. I didn't see a very good QB playing Florida this year at home. i don't think he threw more than 1 acccurate ball all night. I never seen Boyd look that bad and Shaw has a much bigger O-line to play behind.

yeah , every damn coach in the country wanted Conor Shaw. FSU wanteeedhim, Alabama wanted him, etc. Nobody knew who this Boyd kid was. lol

your wildcat qb this year was more accurate than Shaw was in the Clemson game. he can run though. lol take that away and he wouldn't be playing colelge ball, lol .

Is SHaw going to be getting a shot in the NFL? such a tough kid i hear. so talented. better than Boyd.

Old 01-05-2014, 01:47 AM

Quote:
lol, well you seem like the kind of person who went to a beach school like Coastal. winning conference rings ther is like being the skinnest kid at fat camp though. lol

oh yeah, shaw is better that is why he was 1-5 against ranked teams on the road. I didn't see a very good QB playing Florida this year at home. i don't think he threw more than 1 acccurate ball all night. I never seen Boyd look that bad and Shaw has a much bigger O-line to play behind.

yeah , every damn coach in the country wanted Conor Shaw. FSU wanteeedhim, Alabama wanted him, etc. Nobody knew who this Boyd kid was. lol
Its more than you ever won.

You never saw Boyd look that bad? Did you watch the FSU game? Or the USC game (any of the last few)?

You don't know a thing about recruiting or talent evaluation.

If you did, you understand how the Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco played his college ball at DELAWARE. Or how the starting fullback for the Carolina Panthers played at Coastal, with me.

Players get underrated, or overrated, or rated just right....coming out of high school.

Boyd and Shaw are both very good. Only difference? Shaw never lost to Boyd. Hell, our 2nd string QB even beat Boyd.

Old 01-05-2014, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Its more than you ever won.

You never saw Boyd look that bad? Did you watch the FSU game? Or the USC game (any of the last few)?

You don't know a thing about recruiting or talent evaluation.

If you did, you understand how the Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco played his college ball at DELAWARE. Or how the starting fullback for the Carolina Panthers played at Coastal, with me.

Players get underrated, or overrated, or rated just right....coming out of high school.

Boyd and Shaw are both very good. Only difference? Shaw never lost to Boyd. Hell, our 2nd string QB even beat Boyd.
lol Boyd didn't look bad in this years SC game or the FSU game across the boyd. he did make some mistakes but he did make some plays too. Shaw was overthrowing his receivers all night against Florida who I think was much worse than FSU on defense this year. he had plenty of time to throw too, just way off on his throws.

i kknow 10 out of 10 coaches would take Boyd over Shaw. Boyd wqill give you a chance against top 10 defenses while Shaw if he can't run on a defense he is usually a liablity.

I woudl give more credit to SC's defense and O-line than Shaw. I personally think it was Shaw that kept SC out of a title game both SEC and national. he was the one not good enough it done for a pretty complete SC team over the past few years.

Shaw didn't beat Clemson this year, 3 dumb fumbles by clemson did plus that dumb penalthy on the 4th and 1 by the Clemson player on that one that Spurrier wasn't going to go for on his side of the field, just trying to draw the penalty. that wildcat QB played was more accurate than shaw in passing. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina