Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2006, 07:29 PM

1 posts, read 2,279 times

Advertisements

I am a special education teacher from Michigan planning on retiring in the spring. I am then looking to relocate in South Carolina and continuing my teaching career. I have enjoyed reading this forum and I am finally ready to post. I have family in North Augusta and would like to be fairly close. I have visited many areas, looking at schools and towns. It is so hard to tell from slow drive-bys. I am thinking of getting an apartment in Aiken and teaching somewhere in that area. My question is, are there a lot of apartments in that area and what are the rents like? I want to get an apartment first to make sure this will all work out. So far I have loved my visits to South Carolina and, being a small town farm boy, there are many areas that appeal to me. I would appreciate any information anyone could give me about schools, apartments, towns, etc. in the general area of North Augusta. Thank-you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2006, 10:28 AM

41 posts, read 84,871 times
Default North Augusta

If you did not get the PM I sent you, will you please let me know? I have met a few people in North Augusta who have moved here from Michigan. In fact, my husband is from Michigan and we have several family members who are considering retirement here. My in-laws moved here last spring from the New Baltimore area and it has been a terrific move. My husband and I have lived here for almost twelve years and we are very impressed with the planning and development of North Augusta as it grows. The city leaders are doing an excellent job and we feel that our tax dollars are being spent wisely with great consideration toward beautification and conservation of natural resources. The value of our home has more than doubled since we bought it and we are confident that our investment was an excellent one.

Old 11-20-2006, 11:01 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,242,333 times
Check out everyaptmapped.com They have a fairly comprehensive list and give brief descriptions as well as pricing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina