Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2020, 08:13 AM

4,800 posts, read 3,511,121 times

Advertisements

Hey,
I am overseas now and did the absentee ballot. Online you can track it.
I mailed it in the night before I left country, Oct 5th, 2020.. Berkeley county.
Today, My wife emails me and says my absentee ballot has arrived.
Has anyone else voted absentee in SC? Any issues, like this?
I emailed the voter registration email associated with Berkeley County asking WTH just happened.
Good thing, I took pictures of my ballot, signature etc before I mailed it off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2020, 10:11 AM

601 posts, read 459,564 times
What do you mean by "my absentee ballot has arrived"? Do you mean your completed ballot arrived at the county elections office eleven days after you mailed it? If that is the case, it probably was delivered to the office only 1-2 days after you mailed it, but was only scanned in to their system a week later. It could be that since the election is still several weeks away, the county was not in a huge hurry to process incoming ballots.

Old 10-16-2020, 10:19 AM

In rereading your post, it seems like a second blank absentee ballot arrived at your home, after you already sent in your first ballot? Please clarify.

Old 10-16-2020, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDWill1 View Post
In rereading your post, it seems like a second blank absentee ballot arrived at your home, after you already sent in your first ballot? Please clarify.
Yes, I requested one, end of Sept. Received one, filled it out and mailed it in.
Today, my wife informs me another one showed up.
I went to https://www.scvotes.gov/, checked status of my absentee ballot, and they still havent received it..
But, to get one to begin with, you need to fill out an application. So, unless another application was filled out, which would be fraudulent, someone just recent an Ballet.
I have emailed Berkeley county gov, to the ladys whos email is on the status of my ballet.. Hopefully she will figure out why another was sent.

The only thing that would make sense is, the State is rejecting all non witness signature ballots due to the court case that was happening when I received and sent mine in.
My ballot did not have a line for witness, but I was told by Berkeley county I was exempt due to being overseas.

Old 10-16-2020, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post

The only thing that would make sense is, the State is rejecting all non witness signature ballots due to the court case that was happening when I received and sent mine in.
My ballot did not have a line for witness, but I was told by Berkeley county I was exempt due to being overseas.
Hmm... so the county sent you a type of ballot envelope that had no lines for witness signature and witness's address? I thought that witness stuff was required by state law and thus would be on all ballot envelopes.

Yeah, you need to get a full explanation from the county officials.

Old 10-16-2020, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDWill1 View Post
Hmm... so the county sent you a type of ballot envelope that had no lines for witness signature and witness's address? I thought that witness stuff was required by state law and thus would be on all ballot envelopes.

Yeah, you need to get a full explanation from the county officials.
During the last week of Sept and first week of Oct there was a legal battle going on in the state. Wasnt really on anyones radar, till the night I mailed it. I did not know..But, live5 did , Channel 2 of which I dont watch any news.
No one was talking about it within the family or work.
Regardless, county said I was exempt when I found out..
Now, with this new one that showed up, I asked WTH Berkeley County ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina