Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 08:20 PM

1,310 posts, read 3,052,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrown View Post
I really hesitate to discuss something like this with someone who is foolish enough to use Youtube as a point of reference.

If you actually had even a smidgen of scientific background you'd realize how you should be embarrassed by saying something like that in print.

Yes...I've seen the BS "we never went to the moon" stuff you choose to give credence to.

You do know for example that the Soviets ..as well as the USA had ground based radar systems that were more than capable of tracking low earth orbital objects ?? Which means that in addition to the thousands of USA staff that would have to be in on a scam like that you'd also have to included the Soviets. I guess they were in on it too huh ?? Gee I'd have thought they'd be more than happy to show how it was all a USA hoax.

You can obtain alot of compelling information posted by Professionals on virtually any subject ... Scientists included , on YouTube despite the typical Youth garbage that is prevalent . In addition, I have studied a very professionally done DVD on loan from a friend on the major reasons why it was in fact a big hoax . Until you have thoroughly investigated both sides of the debate without an apriori-philosophical bias , you should refrain from speaking in absolutes ; I can tell by your demeanor that you automatically disqualify a competing view ... and resign to 'of course we went to the Moon...I watched it on TV when i was younger ; and our Government wouldnt do anything so heinous as to fool the World' . If you are willing to proceed with a deep investigation of this issue, please do so then post your findings at which time we can have a proper dialogue instead of one based on personal attacks and hostility. Thank you. End.

Last edited by RVlover; 10-01-2009 at 08:23 PM.. Reason: added
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2009, 08:27 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,705,555 times
LMAO all the way to the Onion offices.

Well, I was going to. but I found them to be non-existent. You see the entire publication is a hoax perpetrated by our government to abuse those more gullible by making them believe that everything they hold to be self-evident is.

"Culling the gullible was our primary goal when setting up the offices of Onion", stated a high-level government official who asked to not be named. "The actual set is in the basement of the White House and is run by prior white house staff and SNL drop outs. By culling those who are easily mislead we created an entire subculture that is very vocal, and through them we hope to misdirect as much of our population as possible. In this manner we can, eventually, control large segments of the population by controlling just the fringe groups we created."

It has been leaked that there is a tunnel that runs between the lower level of the White House and an undisclosed location that is used to move the staffers and writers in and out unseen.

This office was the brainchild of a former CIA director who saw the need to control the population by using obfuscation and misdirection. As another government official stated, "The Onion has been far more successful than we ever hoped for."

It's comforting to know that our government can be so effective.

Old 10-02-2009, 06:47 AM

6,590 posts, read 11,290,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVlover View Post
You can obtain alot of compelling information posted by Professionals on virtually any subject ... Scientists included , on YouTube despite the typical Youth garbage that is prevalent . In addition, I have studied a very professionally done DVD on loan from a friend on the major reasons why it was in fact a big hoax . Until you have thoroughly investigated both sides of the debate without an apriori-philosophical bias , you should refrain from speaking in absolutes ; I can tell by your demeanor that you automatically disqualify a competing view ... and resign to 'of course we went to the Moon...I watched it on TV when i was younger ; and our Government wouldnt do anything so heinous as to fool the World' . If you are willing to proceed with a deep investigation of this issue, please do so then post your findings at which time we can have a proper dialogue instead of one based on personal attacks and hostility. Thank you. End.
Haven't all of these "theories" been proven to be inaccurate? Also, that is the problem with conspiracy theories. They never actually prove anything.. they just question areas that don't always make sense in other scenarios or to the average person.

One example is the 9/11 conspiracy.. someone said that it couldn't have been a passenger jet that hit the pentagon because the hole diameter did not match the wingspan of a 757. Based on that claim alone, someone can agree to that... but then they don't talk about how the plane hit the ground first, sheering off one wing and the building column sheering off the other wing. Which then makes more sense and kind of nullifies the theory (not to mention the blackbox being found and the DNA evidence matching the passengers).

Old 10-02-2009, 10:35 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,116,197 times
I just retitled the thread to make it clearer that The Onion is a news satire web site. Some insulting posts were deleted. It's fine to disagree, but insults are not allowed here. Please feel free to use the Report Post button to report thread titles that might be easily misunderstood.

Old 10-02-2009, 02:54 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrown View Post
I really hesitate to discuss something like this with someone who is foolish enough to use Youtube as a point of reference.
Well if we examine the video I posted we may have the smoking gun, note the form AFTER he punches as he goes into fighting position both feet and hands ready to whack him again (which unfortunately he didn't). Clearly he was trained as boxer and didn't have time to go to the moon.

Old 10-03-2009, 06:40 PM

1,398 posts, read 7,705,936 times
Good point...I hadn't thought of that and upon a second and third review of the video I think you nailed it. Case closed....Buzz couldn't have possibly had time to train for a moon mission.

FINI

Old 10-08-2009, 09:14 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,534,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVlover View Post
Based on all the evidence going against the 1969 Moon Landing that ive read and watched on YouTube....I think it is extremely unlikely that the U.S. went to the Moon .
WOW you read it on the Internet so it MUST be true. That's almost as ridiculous as believing everything in the buybull is true (At least there is some accurate information on the Internet)

Old 10-08-2009, 10:42 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,242,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
I just retitled the thread to make it clearer that The Onion is a news satire web site. Some insulting posts were deleted. It's fine to disagree, but insults are not allowed here. Please feel free to use the Report Post button to report thread titles that might be easily misunderstood.
I can't believe that anyone would actually believe that The Onion is a legitimate newspaper. It has been around for over a decade, and is distributed free of charge in pretty much every major US city (usually found next to the other free weeklies), every college town, and others of a decent size.

I mean c'mon, they run articles like this:

http://www.theonion.com/content/news...m_now_allowing

...which was at the bottom of the Armstrong link.

One second thought...I guess that I can believe it.

Old 10-09-2009, 05:55 AM

737 posts, read 1,649,199 times
I do know that we watched a ship go up years ago when I was young and my step dad and mom pointed out the ship to us as it went up. We were pretty close and most were cheering, we were on the side of the road tho not actually there. Well I was very young and was like I don't see anything but do have a memory of the trail of smoke. However we were close and some got a real good look. Since I was so young and didn't get a real good look not knowing what was going on persay. It's possible I guess.

I do remember us watching the moon walk on tv also.

Old 10-09-2009, 07:45 AM

1,482 posts, read 3,126,817 times
The sad part... Does it REALLY matter either way?

40 years later and people are still shouting "Conspiracy" instead of "Lets do it (again)!".

It CAN be done again, and would be interesting to see what PRACTICAL uses we could get out of it.

Guarantee you, someone finds Gold and we will see a LOT more private "interest" in the moon.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space