Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Special Needs Children
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2007, 08:56 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,609,845 times

Advertisements

I wanted to share this list of foods I received from one of my son's doctors. I promised it to someone a while back and I just found it.

Please share your foods/vitamins that have helped

Vitamin B-9; Folate; Diet - Folic Acid; Pteroylglutamic Acid

Food Sources:
Beans and legumes
Citrus fruits and juices
Wheat Bran and other whole grains
Dark Green Leafy Vegetables
Poultry, Pork, Shellfish
Liver

Rich Sources of Folic Acid:
Spinach
Dark Leafy Greens
Asparagus
Turnip
Beet
Mustard Greens
Brussel Sprouts
Lima Beans
Soybeans
Beef Liver
Brewer's Yeast
Root Vegetables
Whole Grains
Wheat Germ
Bulgur Wheat
Kidney Beans
White Beans
Lima Beans
Salmon
Orange Juice
Avocado
Milk

I also give my son a Vitamin E and an Omega 3 Fish Oil vitamin daily.

I have seen drastic improvements over the past year with diet changes and the vitamins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2007, 05:57 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,388,478 times
Fantastic list.
I love that your list includes fats like avocado and beef liver. I know liver sounds nasty, but it is filled with nutrients and B12 vitamins that are so important.

I always also recommend cracked-cell chlorella supplements, not sure if your child will be willing to swallow them but they are filled with chlorophyll and also known to remove heavy metals (natural chelator)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Special Needs Children