Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 10:58 AM

1,280 posts, read 4,340,132 times

Advertisements

What towns are this close to Springfield? I need not be further than 15 minutes ...

Oh and those of you that remember me - IM BACK!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2015, 11:43 AM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,314 posts, read 8,654,334 times
Welcome Back

Old 03-19-2015, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali BassMan View Post
Welcome Back
Ya know I was giving up hope ... hubbys been on a few interviews - and landed one! Now its like wow its happening .. oh Gosh we have to ... p aa ckkkk

Old 03-19-2015, 04:58 PM

914 posts, read 2,205,866 times
Going clockwise from north, and taking you only to the city boundaries:

Fair Grove, Strafford, Rogersville, Ozark, Freemont Hills, Nixa, Battlefield, Clever, Republic, and Willard.

There are many housing developments in unincorporated areas that are also within your stated time/distance requirements.

But the other factor is WHERE in Springfield you need to be. It is quite possible to spend 30 minutes traveling across the city at some times of the day. I live 20 miles from Springfield, yet can get to my work location faster than some who live in Springfield itself.

Old 03-20-2015, 02:49 PM

Now out of those towns you named - what ones are livable?
I would like to know personal info on these areas
Fair Grove, Strafford, Rogersville, Ozark, Freemont Hills, Nixa, Battlefield, Clever, Republic, and Willard.
Property tax? not livable ? lol I don't want to move to a place and end up with a neighborhood of crud bums lol kwim? I will know more info next week. Thanks

Old 03-20-2015, 07:45 PM

914 posts, read 2,205,866 times
All are quite livable. I listed those because those are all of the incorporated communities from which one can reach Springfield city limits within 15 minutes. There are many subdivisions not within any city limits that would also fit your 15 minute requirement. Also, Springfield itself has subdivisions that are quite suburban.

Property taxes are not really significantly different per dollar valuation; however, property values of like properties will be higher in Rogersville, Ozark, Freemont Hills, Nixa, and Battlefield; lowest in Clever, Fair Grove, and Strafford.

Freemont Hills is entirely residential. Battlefield is an old, old community but is now nearly surrounded by Springfield and one could easily drive through east to west and not notice that you had left Springfield. Ozark and Nixa are becoming more and more like that all the time. Strafford, Clever, and Fair Grove are by far the most rural in character.

Take a map and look at these towns and determine their relationship to just where in Springfield you need to be, then go look over the possibles. The area is not so vast that it cannot be covered in two or three days.

Old 03-22-2015, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrby View Post
All are quite livable. I listed those because those are all of the incorporated communities from which one can reach Springfield city limits within 15 minutes. There are many subdivisions not within any city limits that would also fit your 15 minute requirement. Also, Springfield itself has subdivisions that are quite suburban.

Property taxes are not really significantly different per dollar valuation; however, property values of like properties will be higher in Rogersville, Ozark, Freemont Hills, Nixa, and Battlefield; lowest in Clever, Fair Grove, and Strafford.

Freemont Hills is entirely residential. Battlefield is an old, old community but is now nearly surrounded by Springfield and one could easily drive through east to west and not notice that you had left Springfield. Ozark and Nixa are becoming more and more like that all the time. Strafford, Clever, and Fair Grove are by far the most rural in character.

Take a map and look at these towns and determine their relationship to just where in Springfield you need to be, then go look over the possibles. The area is not so vast that it cannot be covered in two or three days.
Thank you very much! ...

Now does anyone know of a temporary apartment that is furnished or "hotelish" that is not an arm and leg and is not "college dorm material" .. Need it to be quiet during the day.

Old 03-24-2015, 12:24 PM

The Street is Kearney Street in Springfield Mo. Im trying to figure out my directions .. Is this on the North side of town?

Old 04-28-2015, 01:16 PM

4 posts, read 6,167 times
Default A Scene from Norman Rockwell

Greetings, And welcome to the Ozarks. I guess it's no surprise that no one has mentioned our spot of wonderfulness, and it's only 30 minutes from Springfield. That is: Sparta, MO 65753, pop. 1,700. Especially the wonderful neighborhood where I live, called Avenwood. It is exactly one block long and ends in a cul-de-sac, as such there's no through traffic. Here, kids ride their bicycles, toss a baseball, draw with chalk, run back and forth, generally doing kid like things. Last count there are about a dozen of them, all in a similar age group and they are all friends to one another, truly a scene from an era I thought was long gone. They kids are totally safe because in every other yard or every 3rd house there's a parent outside keeping a watchful eye. The oldest house on the block is probably 10 years old, so every home looks nice and fresh. I believe 100% of the homes are owner occupied. I've known all of the same neighbors since moving into a new home here 8 1/2 years ago. Most everyone knows everyone, if not by name, by which house they live in. People wave to each other. Yet at no time have I ever felt like my privacy were being invaded. About 3 or 3 times a year a child knocks at the door selling cookies or chocolate bars for a school project. The elementary school and middle school are one block away, visible from the corner of my lot. The High School is newly built and is about 2 mile away, straight down the street. Often I walk to the Post Office, Dollar General Store, the grocery store, convenience store, bank, hardware store. There's also a medical clinic and a pharmacy that are the same 15 minute walk away.
Even though I feel that my privacy is totally intact, I'm quite certain that if someone were spotted crawling out of window with a TV set or something, someone would surely call the cops. The police dept. and the fire station are 3 and 2 blocks away. This time of year every one is happy to see that the trees and shrubs they planted when they first moved in, are now actually beginning to look tall and full. The steeple of a newly built church on an adjoining block peeks over the roofs of the houses. Just one of the reason I call it a "Norman Rockwell" set. I don't know what more a person could want, beautiful, well maintained, owner occupied, very little traffic, no barking dogs, well maybe one once a week goes bow-wow a couple of times, but he or she is in the distance. As I look outside any window it looks like a park outside. For a gymnasium and municipal pool, the town of Ozark is 8 miles away. Ditto that Big Blue Box store that some grumble about, but always go there for the best deals. Currently there are 3 homes for sale, each is different. By going to a major real estate site on the web and putting in a search for Sparta, MO 65753, you find them there. I'm confident that anyone that moves here will feel like I do, very fortunate to live here.

Old 04-28-2015, 01:25 PM

4 posts, read 6,167 times
Default Sparta, MO--a Scene from Norman Rockwell

To beamissourian. Hi I've written so many glowing replies about the street I live on: Aven ave in Sparta, MO 65753 and my old computer gets tired and goes to sleep and the whole gets lost, hmmm. Let me please suggest that you look at any of the major real estate web sites and put in a search for Sparta and look to see what available on Aven ave. I think it's the best kept secret anywhere!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area