Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2006, 03:28 PM

1 posts, read 2,218 times

Advertisements

Hi all. Like most of the threads i've read, I am a Californian who is glad to leave the expensive housing/costs of living behind in August. My family and I are trying to find 4 subdivision lots to build homes on but are running into difficulty finding information on whats available.

Can anyone offer any suggestions or websites??
Thanks a bunch!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2006, 05:47 PM

2 posts, read 5,441 times
Hi -- I live in the Springfield Moderator cut: no soliciting please I have lived here all of my life and I am very familiar with the area. Nixa is a little cheaper than Springfield and Ozark with several new subdivisions. What size lots are you looking for? What size and price home are you looking to build? I know several neighborhoods would have restrictions on size. Moderator cut: no soliciting please
Moderator cut: no sigs please

Last edited by da jammer; 12-13-2007 at 05:31 AM..

Old 12-12-2007, 09:27 PM

1 posts, read 2,121 times
I just moved to Nixa from NWArkansas, and found that there are quite a few nice subdivisions in town. We bought a house on the west side, by the high school. We were very happy until we found out that there was a huge drainage problem in our subdivision. I am having to spend a lot of money to repair damage and find a way get the water, from the field behind our subdivision, out of my back yard! I have damage to the crawl space in my home because of this water coming in from the field on a regular basis. I'm a single parent, and I may end up on the foreclosure list someday, all because of a dishonest seller and some poor planning.
In other words, make sure your home is on top of a hill!
Other than that, the town is awesome. I love it here, and I am sure we'll be here for many years to come. You couldn't ask for a better school system...
Good luck!
Karen

Old 12-13-2007, 05:18 AM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,386,093 times
Default Water...

Water can be your home's worst enemy. When you are shopping for a new home, try to set your dreams aside and look at each property critically!
One of the first things you want to look at is the way the land "lays"...the drainage around the home. You don't necessarily have to be on the top of a hill as long as the home site was graded to keep water from wanting to sit under your home.

If you truly feel the seller hid something from you, talk to your agent about your options.

Welcome to SW MO...

Old 12-13-2007, 06:38 AM

2,896 posts, read 6,638,420 times
I wonder if the OP ever made it to MO???

Old 12-13-2007, 12:10 PM

2,142 posts, read 4,453,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by da jammer View Post
I wonder if the OP ever made it to MO???
For the OP's sake I sure hope it was MO and not Bust!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area