Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2009, 11:34 PM

54 posts, read 182,387 times

Advertisements

Anyone here goto OTC? I received a praking ticket from the campus security that just pisses me off. My trucks front tire was turned slightly over the yellow line into the drive area, Not actually blocking anything or causing a danger. I come out and there was a school ticket on my window for "Taking up 2 parking space" , Yes it says that and not Double parking.

So I filed an appeal, And it took them less than 2 hours to send me an appeal denied. I don't beleive they even read the appeal. Has it really gotten so bad that OTC really feels they need to de-fraud people out of there money? Its not enough that I am shelling out $8K for my classes this year alone.

What pisses me off more Is I see traffic services parked in No parking areas, Just today I saw a traffic services person and campus saftey officer eating lunch while both there vehicles were parked in a fire lane. Campus security driving all over the sidewalks with there little golf carts. And worse yet, none of that money prevented my car from being broken into on there campus last year and them say "Well your responsible for your own property" Arghhh!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2009, 10:28 AM

1,921 posts, read 6,427,837 times
Did you snap a picture of your vehicle when it was parked? If so, go find someone in person and plead your case in front of him/her. Written appeals are nearly worthless.

Old 09-19-2009, 03:07 PM

54 posts, read 182,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 SNAKE View Post
Did you snap a picture of your vehicle when it was parked? If so, go find someone in person and plead your case in front of him/her. Written appeals are nearly worthless.
I found the head of the safety and security office, He shot me down immediatly, Told me I had to goto the director of finance. She is out of the office on vacation for the next week. I hate to say this, But I prefer court... Oh well, Really my only options are to pay or drop out. Im not gonna drop out after being as far as I am.

Old 09-20-2009, 08:33 PM

8 posts, read 24,032 times
Unless an actual police officer writes the ticket, then it's not a real ticket. That also means it won't go on your actual driving record, rather your school's infraction record.

They may have plans to implement you paying the tickets such as adding them to your financial aid, but I'd find out first. Campus tickets are identical to city market tickets issued by parking attendants.

They don't count for anything, and I highly doubt they'll cancel your financial aid and drop your from school because of an unpaid ticket. They'd rather take all your money than send you away and receive none of it.

Old 09-22-2009, 10:48 AM

I'd bet nearly anything that the university will require any and all fines to be paid before releasing any transcripts or issuing diplomas. Those tickets won't go on your driving record, but they can most certainly impact you in other ways.

Old 09-22-2009, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by traker1001 View Post
Oh well, Really my only options are to pay or drop out. Im not gonna drop out after being as far as I am.
No, those aren't your only options. You can fight the ticket if you feel that you were in the right AND the fight is worth your time and effort. Only you can make that call, though.

No university is going to make it easy to dispute a ticket. You're going to have to jump through hoops and be persistent if you have any hope of getting the ticket overturned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area