Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2012, 12:16 PM

7 posts, read 10,571 times

Advertisements

Hey everybody,

Been lurking on the forum for a bit, love to see others who care about the city like I do. Looking for some input here- what will be the next areas to experience great urban renewal and growth? Downtown has done great along Washington, but I would love to see similar growth along Locust and Olive (which, in my opinion, has the potential to be the best street in the city). Also, the area around the Old Post Office is really cool- anyone know of anything going on there? Culinaria is awesome, but Downtown still lacks a residential and entertainment core outside of Wash. Ave.

Also, Midtown- some relatives own property in "Midtown Alley," the area between Downtown West and Grand Center. Great to see new stuff like Hamburger Mary's and Urban Chestnut Brewing join the likes of Pappy's and the Good Pie. Grand Center could be amazing, yet there's not nearly enough new development and dining/entertainment there.

Any other areas that should be sites for new growth? And has anyone heard of anything really taking off? I realize that this is a pretty broad topic, but humor me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2012, 12:49 PM

396 posts, read 654,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankyFourFingers View Post
Hey everybody,

Been lurking on the forum for a bit, love to see others who care about the city like I do. Looking for some input here- what will be the next areas to experience great urban renewal and growth? Downtown has done great along Washington, but I would love to see similar growth along Locust and Olive (which, in my opinion, has the potential to be the best street in the city). Also, the area around the Old Post Office is really cool- anyone know of anything going on there? Culinaria is awesome, but Downtown still lacks a residential and entertainment core outside of Wash. Ave.

Also, Midtown- some relatives own property in "Midtown Alley," the area between Downtown West and Grand Center. Great to see new stuff like Hamburger Mary's and Urban Chestnut Brewing join the likes of Pappy's and the Good Pie. Grand Center could be amazing, yet there's not nearly enough new development and dining/entertainment there.

Any other areas that should be sites for new growth? And has anyone heard of anything really taking off? I realize that this is a pretty broad topic, but humor me!
The Grove and FPSE are going to be hot, Midtown will continue to grow, Cherokee Lemp will make some residentail strides in the coming years.

In the coming years look for additional growth on S. Grand, and... keep an eye on Bevo as well as Old North, there is some cool stuff brewing up there

Old 12-20-2012, 12:49 PM

589 posts, read 1,108,895 times
I think Grand Center is an amazing place - and the development you spoke of as Midtown Alley will continue to feed more growth there. The new art loft rennovation on Grand is a great addition. It seems like all of the work around Jefferson and Washington, then on Olive, is really infill on the whole central corridor the extends west of downtown.

I expect North City to actually pick up the pace in time, there is so many areas there ready for redevelopment and the land is going to be super cheap.

Old 12-20-2012, 03:29 PM

1,221 posts, read 2,751,530 times
I think within 10 years the Grove will be one of the hottest neighborhoods in the city so long as the current pace keeps up.

Tower Grove East and Benton Park West should also show some improvements if the gentrification in TGS pushes east and that of Benton Park pushes west.

I'd also like to see Chippewa through Gravois Park get revitalized. It's in a pretty sad state right now but the bones are there and it's just screaming to be the next Cherokee.

EDIT: And how could I forget the East Loop? That area seems like it's really taking off.

Last edited by Dawn10am; 12-20-2012 at 04:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis