Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 10:30 AM

1 posts, read 2,797 times

Advertisements

Hi, I recently started taking Acai 1000mg sold by walgreen and made by natrol. I have been taking it for 5 days I take one capsule at around 7pm each day.
Next day I am groggy and drowsy the whole day with no energy to work out and do the house work either . Has anyone else experienced this increased drowsiness and can advise if this is temporary or should I quit taking it once and for all.
I will really appreciate some help,

Last edited by LadyRobyn; 05-24-2009 at 10:33 AM.. Reason: Removed email/against the TOS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2009, 11:37 AM

6,896 posts, read 22,517,506 times
A coworker got drowsy on it too and gave it up immediately.

Old 05-24-2009, 11:58 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,050,618 times
As a supplement they can put whatever they want in there, if you are showing adverse effects discontinue immediately...many supplement makers have been jailed for putting in things they shouldn't (like Hydroxycut recently, 23 cases of liver failure and 1 death).

Old 05-24-2009, 06:05 PM

466 posts, read 928,229 times
If you have EVER had an allergic reaction to anything you are probably allergic to it. Acia is aged (sitting around for a while, much like wine) and is VERY high in histamines which can cause drowsiness, headaches and even anafilactic seizures in some cases.

Old 05-25-2009, 08:47 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,449,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy68 View Post
Hi, I recently started taking Acai 1000mg sold by walgreen and made by natrol. I have been taking it for 5 days I take one capsule at around 7pm each day.
Next day I am groggy and drowsy the whole day with no energy to work out and do the house work either . Has anyone else experienced this increased drowsiness and can advise if this is temporary or should I quit taking it once and for all.
I will really appreciate some help,
What are you taking it WITH???? It probably isn't the supplement alone causing the problem but might be an interaction with whatever else you are taking. These so called "dangerous supplements" are completely harmless by themselves but if you are taking prescriptions or even over the counter DRUGS you should check with a pharmacist about potential interactions.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:01 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,050,618 times
Oh no, no supplement ever caused any harm (Consumerist - RECALL: FDA Warns Consumers To Stop Using Hydroxycut Immediately - Recall, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metabolife) it must be those filthy pharmaceuticals manufacturers.

Old 10-09-2009, 07:41 AM

9 posts, read 24,914 times
A few people in my fitness classes have taken it. They have lost weight and are much happier, no one has said anything about side effects at all.

Old 01-05-2010, 11:50 AM

39 posts, read 98,908 times
My friend sold some to me years ago; I drank some, but there was no effect whatsoever, so I stopped.

I noticed my friend did lose a lot of weight, however, her hair is getting thinner too.

Old 09-15-2010, 10:47 PM

2 posts, read 3,852 times
If you want to take acsi, the best acai in the world is through a small company out of austin called Pro Image I promise you will have more energy than you know what to do with. I swear you have never seen anything this good. I recently found out they're giving away big 30 oz trial bottles so people can see for themselves. check it out a Pro Image International - Fruta Vida

Old 09-15-2010, 10:49 PM

2 posts, read 3,852 times
Default The free bottle of the Acai juice Here is the correct link

Sorry about that. I gave you the wrong link. go to www.tryfrutavidaforfree.com Good luck and please come back and share your testimony.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements