Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2019, 03:30 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,791,389 times

Advertisements

I just got this in my mail and surprised to see #1. I've only been taking it decades.

https://www.nutrientinsider.com/News...ontent=013019#
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2019, 11:10 AM

1,183 posts, read 710,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I just got this in my mail and surprised to see #1. I've only been taking it decades.

https://www.nutrientinsider.com/News...ontent=013019#

"Shocking Secret No Conventional Doctor Will Tell You"

This guy sounds like a level-headed non-self promoting detached professional that I can trust. I can just tell.

Old 02-05-2019, 11:19 AM

7,243 posts, read 4,563,189 times
No you should be taking mild cardiotonics (like Hawthhorne)

https://www.botanical-online.com/rem...artfailure.htm

No doctor will tell you that not only are cardiotonics important for you heart, they won't tell you that your body makes your own cardiotonics... guess from what... I will wait... CHOLESTEROL.

So people who take cholesterol meds are all, can't hurt, but yes, without cholesterol to allow your body to make its own cardiotonics, you are at risk of heart failure, arrhythmia, and heart attack.

Old 02-05-2019, 12:15 PM

1,183 posts, read 710,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyFoxSeaton View Post
No you should be taking mild cardiotonics (like Hawthhorne)

https://www.botanical-online.com/rem...artfailure.htm

No doctor will tell you that not only are cardiotonics important for you heart, they won't tell you that your body makes your own cardiotonics... guess from what... I will wait... CHOLESTEROL.

So people who take cholesterol meds are all, can't hurt, but yes, without cholesterol to allow your body to make its own cardiotonics, you are at risk of heart failure, arrhythmia, and heart attack.

Another great link - thanks. I like the tips in that one for avoiding heart problems:

No 1: " Avoid doing efforts"

Is that just mental effort or physical too I wonder? At least the article encourages you at one point (should you take a decoction made from maize cornsilk) to go to an actual doctor and not a website of half made-up claims. I'm surprised it hasn't been taken down as a Big Pharma funded site for suggesting such a scandalous thing.. go to a doctor? Surely a conspiracy.

Old 02-05-2019, 03:54 PM

7,243 posts, read 4,563,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chint View Post
Another great link - thanks. I like the tips in that one for avoiding heart problems:
No 1: " Avoid doing efforts".
Whatever, when modern medicine eliminates heart problems you let me know but so far their bright ideas have done nothing.

Old 02-09-2019, 07:52 AM

48,563 posts, read 34,935,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyFoxSeaton View Post
Whatever, when modern medicine eliminates heart problems you let me know but so far their bright ideas have done nothing.
Really? The site you gave recommended Broom, you link to the plant (on their site) and it says high toxicity, with a symptom of death.

I'll pass.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-10-2019, 11:04 AM

4,150 posts, read 3,912,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Really? The site you gave recommended Broom, you link to the plant (on their site) and it says high toxicity, with a symptom of death.

I'll pass.
Perhaps the site meant to push the broom around the kitchen and clean the house
Exercise is healthy.

Old 06-01-2019, 08:47 PM

For those who may have missed this, my Grape Seed Ex is #1 on the list.

Old 06-02-2019, 10:18 AM

48,563 posts, read 34,935,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
For those who may have missed this, my Grape Seed Ex is #1 on the list.
But it the claim was because the GSE lowered their blood pressure, which you have mentioned it hasn't done for you, or not enough for you not to go on an Rx.

It was a horrible study anyway, with 24 people, and a poor testing protocol.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-02-2019, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
But it the claim was because the GSE lowered their blood pressure, which you have mentioned it hasn't done for you, or not enough for you not to go on an Rx.

It was a horrible study anyway, with 24 people, and a poor testing protocol.
I never said GSE didn't work on BP and it could be helping all along to keep it lower. The article talks about more than BP and there are 5 other supplements discussed. And as you and I both know BP changes minute by minute, drugs or not. And I've had a lot of years behind me working with GSE and some BP meds and know more than ever the white coat BP and the fear on that one. BP issues was the last reason for my starting on GSE. Years of learning what it's doing.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 06-02-2019 at 12:26 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements