Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2019, 01:20 PM

1,994 posts, read 1,258,695 times

Advertisements

Saw it advertised and wonder what it's all about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2019, 02:22 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,731,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindi Waters View Post
It's one of the latest antioxidants and I've used it a couple times, BUT my grape seed extract is my all time best antioxidant for Everything that it can support...including my eyes.

Old 06-05-2019, 05:52 PM

As usual, thanks!

Old 06-05-2019, 09:58 PM

3,372 posts, read 1,565,066 times
Quote:
Great supplement. Good for joints, skin, eyes, etc. Also, found in krill oil. Will provide natural sun protection as well.

Old 06-06-2019, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
It's one of the latest antioxidants and I've used it a couple times, BUT my grape seed extract is my all time best antioxidant for Everything that it can support...including my eyes.
So...since I heard that Pine Bark Extract is supposed to be good, I bought it but am reluctant to take it since there are warnings and directions from some sites not to take it for too long. But I suppose grape seed extract is safe enough to take long term. Still not taking the naproxen because of its possible side effects, but will wait a few more days and then take it to see if it makes a big difference. I never took opioids, but wonder about it (not that I would take them unless absolute, and I mean absolutely necessary). But I've read somewhere that naproxen is as good as opioids in pain reduction. Anyway, don't want opioids.

Old 06-06-2019, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
Great supplement. Good for joints, skin, eyes, etc. Also, found in krill oil. Will provide natural sun protection as well.
How do you think it compares with grape seed extract? I see krill oil on the shelves but so far have not taken it.

Old 06-06-2019, 11:02 AM

Quote:
So...since I heard that Pine Bark Extract is supposed to be good, I bought it but am reluctant to take it since there are warnings and directions from some sites not to take it for too long. But I suppose grape seed extract is safe enough to take long term. Still not taking the naproxen because of its possible side effects, but will wait a few more days and then take it to see if it makes a big difference. I never took opioids, but wonder about it (not that I would take them unless absolute, and I mean absolutely necessary). But I've read somewhere that naproxen is as good as opioids in pain reduction. Anyway, don't want opioids.
Cindi, there are warnings on everything TODAY. I took Pycnogenol (aka Pine Bark) for 1 full year, 100mg daily as I think back to 1995....and it's been 24 yrs of taking Grape Seed Extract 200mg daily or more and I don't know of any side effects I have. I can't speak for everyone but I know what I've been doing.

I want nothing to do with opioids, I've taken some and they are horrid and I found iburprofen was doing just as good but it's damaging too. Since I'm on HGH homeopathic gel for going on 5 months I'm taking 1/2 the ibuprofen I was taking for some yrs. I have a post in Daily Journals here about my daughter's progress. She' using it 3 months longer than me so she's further along with progress and she's 25 yrs younger.

Homeopathics are probably/possibly the Least side effects of anything we are taking.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 06-06-2019 at 11:28 AM..

Old 06-06-2019, 12:56 PM

3,372 posts, read 1,565,066 times
Quote:
How do you think it compares with grape seed extract? I see krill oil on the shelves but so far have not taken it.

I prefer astaxanthin. I think both are really good though.

Old 06-09-2019, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Cindi, there are warnings on everything TODAY. I took Pycnogenol (aka Pine Bark) for 1 full year, 100mg daily as I think back to 1995....and it's been 24 yrs of taking Grape Seed Extract 200mg daily or more and I don't know of any side effects I have. I can't speak for everyone but I know what I've been doing.

I want nothing to do with opioids, I've taken some and they are horrid and I found iburprofen was doing just as good but it's damaging too. Since I'm on HGH homeopathic gel for going on 5 months I'm taking 1/2 the ibuprofen I was taking for some yrs. I have a post in Daily Journals here about my daughter's progress. She' using it 3 months longer than me so she's further along with progress and she's 25 yrs younger.

Homeopathics are probably/possibly the Least side effects of anything we are taking.
I bought krill oil today because I couldn't find grape seed extract on the shelves. So you're not taking pine bark anymore?
BUT -- I saw something called Rhodiola Rosea Extract and from what I read about it, it is supposed to supply energy. So I bought it today, hoping for two things: one, that I get some energy (which I lack), and two, that it does not raise my blood pressure (which is very high). I may have to change this thread to Rhodiola Rosea. I am not right now a big fan of homeopathic meds because as I understand it, they have been watered down so much. I can't really understand the technique behind it.

Old 06-09-2019, 04:16 PM

Quote:
I bought krill oil today because I couldn't find grape seed extract on the shelves. So you're not taking pine bark anymore?
BUT -- I saw something called Rhodiola Rosea Extract and from what I read about it, it is supposed to supply energy. So I bought it today, hoping for two things: one, that I get some energy (which I lack), and two, that it does not raise my blood pressure (which is very high). I may have to change this thread to Rhodiola Rosea. I am not right now a big fan of homeopathic meds because as I understand it, they have been watered down so much. I can't really understand the technique behind it.
Well, that is what homeopathics are, they are NOT high amounts of anything. The protocol has been on this earth for 100's of years but NOT in the U.S. If you don't believe in them, don't go there. I do as I've used them for well over 20 yrs off and on.

They are putting back into your body what is causing the negative issues...like cures like. But in small amounts. The people who developed these many yrs ago knew what they were doing. Maybe read the history, Cindi.

I have a post going on HGH homepathic gel and just in the short time I'm using this Gel by rubbing in the skin, I've been able to cut my iburprofen in 1/2. Worth every penny/dollars spent in my books.

I tried Rhodiola some time back but don't recall what it did...one needs to stay with something at least 3 months to see if they get benefits. I believe there is a thread here on Rhodiola. j

I don't take pine bark (Pynogenol) now as Grape Seed Ex is at least 1/2 the cost...if you have pine bark, use it, don't waste it.

Cindi, I don't think I attempted homeopathics when I was working to lower blood pressure, I eventually went to drugs. But consider this info or get on a pharma drug and get that BP down.

https://www.homeopathicdoctor.co.in/...lood-pressure/

Last edited by jaminhealth; 06-09-2019 at 04:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements