Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2012, 12:03 AM

655 posts, read 2,328,110 times

Advertisements

This is a list of Fireworks Events to be held in the Syracuse / CNY Region during the Independence Holiday Celebrations. Besure to arrive at the Fireworks location one hour early so you have time to park your vehicle and setup your lawn chair to watch the Fireworks Show.

SATURDAY JUNE 30, 2012:

Camillus NY
Veterans Memorial Park at Gillie Lake
Sat. June 30

Fulton NY
Fulton Speedway
Sat. June 30
.................................................. .................................................. ......

SUNDAY JULY 1, 2012:

Oswego NY
Breitbeck Park & Fort Ontario
Sun. July 1
.................................................. .................................................. ........

TUESDAY JULY 3, 2012:

Auburn NY
Emerson Park
Tues. July 3

Brewerton NY
over Oneida Lake at village
Tues. July 3

Elbridge NY
Rolling Wheels Raceway Park
Tues. July 3

Little York-Cortland NY
Dwyer Park
Tues. July 3

Sodus Point NY
at the village
Tues. July 3
.................................................. .................................................. .......

WEDNESDAY JULY 4, 2012:

Cazenovia NY
over the lake Lakeland Park
Wed. July 4

Manlius NY
at the village
Wed. July 4

Sandy Creek NY
County Fairgrounds
Wed. July 4

Seneca Falls NY
Vince's Park
Wed. July 4

Sylvan Beach NY
at the lakefront beach
Wed. July 4

Syracuse NY
New York State Fairgrounds
Wed. July 4
.................................................. .................................................. ........

FRIDAY JULY 6, 2012:

Baldwinsville NY
Paper Mill Island
Fri. July 6

SATURDAY JULY 7, 2012:

Fair Haven NY
over the bay water
Sat. July 7

Baldwinsville NY
Paper Mill Island
Sat. July 7

Syracuse NY
Inner Harbor
Sat. July 7

SATURDAY JULY 28, 2012:

Oswego NY
Harborfest Fireworks
Sat. July 28

There are Fireworks Events being held all across Upstate New York State. To read information about Fireworks Events in other locatioins across the state, click on the Link Line below.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/new-y...-new-york.html

Enjoy the Fireworks Shows that you attend and make it a fun safe time.

grdnrman
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2012, 06:13 PM

93,240 posts, read 123,876,708 times
Do you know if the city of Syracuse is going to have fireworks throughout the city, like it has in the past?

Old 06-28-2012, 06:57 PM

I do not know if there will be fireworks throughout the city. I did extensive research (phone calls, driving around to various places for info, & internet research) to gather what I posted. I did not come across any info about Syracuse city-wide fireworks events in any of my research.

I wanted to post all the listed Fireworks Events so that people could attend several of them on different days if they cared to. And I especially wanted to include Fireworks Events being held at resort regions like the Adirondacks & Sylvan Beach & Seaway Trail areas (Sodus Point/Fair Haven/Sackets Harbor/Alex Bay/Clayton/Cape Vincent) & the Finger Lakes Region to inform visitors who might be vacationing in those areas. A lot of the Fireworks Events are preceded by mid-day parades and day-long field days / amusement rides. I thought that the one-day-long Mountainfest Event at Fort Drum, open to the public, would be VERY interesting; all sorts of maneuvers/demonstrations/equipment/public involvement/parade/tours/fireworks. I hope that everyone has an enjoyable, fun, safe Independence Holiday celebration.

grdnrman

Old 06-28-2012, 07:29 PM

93,240 posts, read 123,876,708 times
I only ask because there was a time in recent years where there were displays throughout the city at various Parks.

Old 06-28-2012, 09:11 PM

1,538 posts, read 2,615,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grdnrman View Post
This is a list of Fireworks Events to be held in the Syracuse / CNY Region during the Independence Holiday Celebrations. Besure to arrive at the Fireworks location one hour early so you have time to park your vehicle and setup your lawn chair to watch the Fireworks Show.

SATURDAY JUNE 30, 2012:

Camillus NY
Veterans Memorial Park at Gillie Lake
Sat. June 30

Fulton NY
Fulton Speedway
Sat. June 30
.................................................. .................................................. ......

SUNDAY JULY 1, 2012:

Oswego NY
Breitbeck Park & Fort Ontario
Sun. July 1

TUESDAY JULY 3, 2012:

Auburn NY
Emerson Park
Tues. July 3

Brewerton NY
over Oneida Lake at village
Tues. July 3

Elbridge NY
Rolling Wheels Raceway Park
Tues. July 3

Little York-Cortland NY
Dwyer Park
Tues. July 3

Sodus Point NY
at the village
Tues. July 3
.................................................. .................................................. .......

WEDNESDAY JULY 4, 2012:

Cazenovia NY
over the lake Lakeland Park
Wed. July 4

Manlius NY
at the village
Wed. July 4

Sandy Creek NY
County Fairgrounds
Wed. July 4

Seneca Falls NY
Vince's Park
Wed. July 4

Sylvan Beach NY
at the lakefront beach
Wed. July 4

Syracuse NY
New York State Fairgrounds
Wed. July 4

FRIDAY JULY 6, 2012:

Baldwinsville NY
Paper Mill Island
Fri. July 6

SATURDAY JULY 7, 2012:

Fair Haven NY
over the bay water
Sat. July 7

Baldwinsville NY
Paper Mill Island
Sat. July 7

Syracuse NY
Inner Harbor
Sat. July 7

SATURDAY JULY 28, 2012:

Oswego NY
Harborfest Fireworks
Sat. July 28

There are Fireworks Events being held all across Upstate New York State. To read information about Fireworks Events in other locatioins across the state, click on the Link Line below.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/new-y...-new-york.html

Enjoy the Fireworks Shows that you attend and make it a fun safe time.

grdnrman
I think I see what the problem is. Syracuse.com obviously found you post and copied it, used it as their own, and added a little to it. I would be mad that they didn't at least give you credit for your research.

Saturday, June 30
Sandy Creek: 291 Ellisburg St., Oswego County Fair, fireworks at dusk, free admission and parking.

Camillus: Music from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. followed by fireworks, Veterans Memorial Park at Gillie Lake in the town of Camillus. Free admission, popcorn and lemonade. Bring blankets, lawn chairs.

Fulton: Fulton Speedway, 1603 county Route 57. Races, 7 p.m., followed by fireworks. General admission, $12; 18 and younger, free.

Sunday, July 1
Oswego: 9:45 p.m., fireworks over Oswego Harbor, free, sponsored by Greater Oswego-Fulton Chamber of Commerce. Viewing available at Fort Ontario, 1 E. Fourth St., admission $4 adults; $3 seniors and teens 13 and up; free 12 and younger. Hot dogs and coneys available for purchase.

Cincinnatus: Fairgrounds, Route 26. Starts at 9:45 p.m., free.

Tuesday, July 3
Baldwinsville: Music starts at 5 p.m. with musical acts Under the Gun and The Reissues followed by fireworks, Paper Mill Island in the village of Baldwinsville. General admission, $5; 12 and younger accompanied by an adult, free.

Brewerton: Oneida Lake, starts after dark, free, sponsored by Fort Brewerton/Greater Oneida Lake Chamber of Commerce.

Auburn/Owasco: Emerson Park, north end of Owasco Lake. Syracuse University Brass Ensemble at 8 p.m., fireworks after concert. Cost is $5; parking, free admission.

Elbridge: Rolling Wheels Raceway, Route 5, race begins at 7:30 p.m., followed by fireworks. Free for children 9 and younger; general admission, $15.

Wednesday, July 4
Syracuse: Syracuse Chiefs vs. Buffalo Bisons, Alliance Bank Stadium, 1 Tex Simone Drive, Syracuse. $12 to $20. Fireworks following the game.

Auburn: Auburn Doubledays vs. Lowell Spinners, 7:05 p.m., followed by fireworks. Falcon Park, 108 N. Division St. $6; general admission, $8; box seats.

Sandy Creek: 291 Ellisburg St, Oswego County Fair, fireworks at dusk, free admission and parking.

Cazenovia: Lakeland Park, Albany Street Music starts at 3 p.m., fireworks start at 9, free.

Village of Manlius: 9:30 p.m., as part of an all-day celebration including parade.

Geddes/Fairgrounds: Chevy Court at New York State Fairgrounds, 581 State Fair Blvd. Symphony Syracuse concert, 8 p.m., followed by fireworks at 9:45 p.m., free.

Hamilton: Colgate University, Taylor Lake. Fireworks at dusk, free.

Old Forge: Over the Old Forge Pond. Concert, 7 p.m., followed by fireworks at 9:30.

Sylvan Beach: Main Street, at the lake front over Oneida Lake, fireworks start at 10 p.m., free.

Friday, July 6
Baldwinsville: Music starts at 6 p.m. followed by fireworks, Paper Mill Island, 24 Lock St. Admission is $5, free for 12 and younger.

Saturday, July 7
Baldwinsville: Music starts at 6 p.m. followed by fireworks, Paper Mill Island, 24 Lock St. Admission is $5, free for 12 and younger.

City of Syracuse: Inner Harbor, part of the the five-day Syracuse Festival. Entertainment begins around 3 p.m. leading up to the fireworks including a perfomance by the the Stan Colella All-Star Youth Ban starting at 6 p.m. and the Brigadiers Alumni Drum & Bugle Corps at 7:30 and Stan Colella Orchestra at 8 p.m. Fireworks show starts at 9 p.m.

Fair Haven: Over the bay, wall of fire at 9:15 p.m., followed by fireworks at 10 p.m., free.

Old 06-28-2012, 09:40 PM

Whatever. I just wanted this information to be available for everyone who lives anywhere in Upstate NY so they could enjoy one night or several nights of Fireworks Events. I was concentrating on the Fireworks part even though I knew about many parades/other activities to be held prior to the fireworks=so much typing to do. I also had to type/post different Fireworks info on the NY State Forum. Whether I publish it on City-Data or someone else publishes it on syracuse.com or it gets published somewhere else on the internet, I don't mind/I don't own the info. I just wanted people to know about the events.

grdnrman

Old 07-04-2012, 06:27 PM

1 posts, read 4,173 times
Anyone know the best place to park to see the fireworks at the fairgrounds?

Old 07-06-2012, 09:05 PM

53 posts, read 155,320 times
We saw the fireworks at the fair, thanks for posting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area