Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2015, 02:25 AM

969 posts, read 2,852,547 times

Advertisements

Got this tablet when Sprint phone was upgraded - only had less than 4 months - now when turning on the tablet the screen is a murky dark color - if you push down on it a slight light can be seen - but that is all.
Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2015, 07:52 AM

16,548 posts, read 19,698,509 times
Warranty replacement

Old 06-17-2015, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Warranty replacement
I hope so - just don't know what I could have done to cause an issue. It is in a case and well protected. Is this a known problem?

Old 06-17-2015, 11:23 AM

16,548 posts, read 19,698,509 times
No, not common at all.

Old 06-17-2015, 02:24 PM

I received a return authorization number. BTW - I have NEVER had this hard a time understanding customer service. I was spelling EVERY word - and she was spelling and I could not even understand the letters.

The return label that was first sent had the wrong address - I had to call back to have it fixed

Old 06-26-2015, 05:00 AM

LG Mobile Product Received Confirmation
We have received your LG mobile product at our repair facility. Once the service is complete for your mobile product, we will ship it out as soon as possible.
  • Warranty Repair Notice:
  • The device warranty does not cover physical, liquid, or cosmetic damage. If the device is damaged and deemed repairable charges may apply.
  • If the device is deemed as un-repairable, the device will be returned to you as is.
  • Charges may apply for units that are out of warranty by manufacturer‘s date code.
If you have any questions about your service, please visit lg.com or contact us at 1-800-793-8896.
Model:
LK430WH

Old 06-30-2015, 02:02 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasonville View Post
LG Mobile Product Received Confirmation
We have received your LG mobile product at our repair facility. Once the service is complete for your mobile product, we will ship it out as soon as possible.
  • Warranty Repair Notice:
  • The device warranty does not cover physical, liquid, or cosmetic damage. If the device is damaged and deemed repairable charges may apply.
  • If the device is deemed as un-repairable, the device will be returned to you as is.
  • Charges may apply for units that are out of warranty by manufacturer‘s date code.
If you have any questions about your service, please visit lg.com or contact us at 1-800-793-8896.
Model:
LK430WH
This is standard legalize from any manufacturer. If they find abuse as the cause of the problem, they will advise you of such. If not, you'll either get it back repaired or a refurbished/new one will be sent to replace it (their choice not yours).

Old 06-30-2015, 05:15 AM

Dear
The repair on your LG mobile product has been completed and shipped from the repair facility.
Defect:
LED Problem
Payment Type: NOT APPLICABLE
Repair Results:GRAPHIC ACCELERATOR IC
Repair Cost: $ 0.00
Warranty Status:In Warranty
Tax: $ 0.00
Total: $ 0.00

Due back today

Old 07-01-2015, 05:33 AM

Returned to me yesterday - same one that I sent in according to the serial number.

Screen is fixed - however

now - I can connect to WiFi - but not the data connection. - Error message when starting says "Invalid Card" - when starting away from WiFi it says "No Connection"

Called LG back - went through the whole explanation - they suggest it is the carrier??

Any ideas?

Old 07-01-2015, 06:26 AM

Spent time with a most helpful Sprint customer service person who had me read her the SIM CARD number and low and behold (always wanted to say that) even though I had been sent back the same tablet - the SIM CARD was different.
She reset it from her location to reflect the new card number and I am up and running.
In case anyone else has this issue - I hope the explanation helps someone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets