Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2010, 11:44 AM

15 posts, read 49,225 times

Advertisements

We are Native Floridians from Gainesville/surrounding areas and have been living in Lexington, KY for the last four years. We really miss FLA and are planning a move back, but do not want to go back to Gainesville so we have been looking into the Tallahassee area. Crawfordville and the general Wakulla Co area are drawing our attention. My husband is a software developer/engineer and I have worked at UF & UK in clerical/asst positions, our daughter is in Kindergarten. We want a rurally located home with 1+ acres, if at all possible around the $150-$160K range. We are not "big city" people and like the idea of driving into Tallahassee for our jobs and necessary trips so we are not looking for nightlife, etc..we do want beaches, country roads and animal friendly atmosphere. We are NOT scared of gators and the like...we enjoy all that Florida has to offer which is why we want to move back. If anyone could give me a general idea and atmosphere of Crawfordville and the Wakulla area I would appreciate it. We do want to relocate to the Coastal side of the area to be closer to the Gulf and travel back and forth to Gville to visit family, but within 30 mins of Tally for work. Please, no podunk references...it's insulting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2010, 12:52 PM

389 posts, read 1,229,737 times
I'd put this in the Tallahassee forum.

Old 08-23-2010, 10:46 AM

I did as well, thanx for the advice

Old 08-23-2010, 07:07 PM

2 posts, read 8,956 times
Hi, I'm Jenifer. I have a little boy who just started kindergarten today and a little girl in 1st grade. I believe I know just the place you are looking for or would like to be near. It's called Mashes Sands Beach and it's in Panacea, FL. It's a public beach 35 miles from Tallahassee in Wakulla County. It has shallow bay water, restrooms/showers, picnic tables/shelters and grills, nearby accommodations/camping.
The beach also includes a pier and a boat ramp, which are open to the public. It's a very nice quiet town with everything you mentioned that you like. I was there last weekend and there were some homes for sale in the area. I am a Realtor with Keller Williams so if you need anything just let me know. I would love to help. I know it's hard when you are not actually here. Would you like me to see if there are any listings in that area near the beach in your price range? If so how many bedrooms/baths are you looking for. Three? Also, if you would like I'm going again next weekend I could take a couple of pictures for you and send them.

Old 08-24-2010, 10:11 AM

Thanx Jenifer. We won't be looking into moving until the end of the school year, but I will certainly keep your info and get with you when we decide. I appreciate the input. We've moved twice and decided that with this move back, it will surely be our last, so we want to make sure it's a good fit

Old 08-24-2010, 11:34 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,128,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennysmom View Post
We are Native Floridians from Gainesville/surrounding areas and have been living in Lexington, KY for the last four years. We really miss FLA and are planning a move back, but do not want to go back to Gainesville so we have been looking into the Tallahassee area. Crawfordville and the general Wakulla Co area are drawing our attention. My husband is a software developer/engineer and I have worked at UF & UK in clerical/asst positions, our daughter is in Kindergarten. We want a rurally located home with 1+ acres, if at all possible around the $150-$160K range. We are not "big city" people and like the idea of driving into Tallahassee for our jobs and necessary trips so we are not looking for nightlife, etc..we do want beaches, country roads and animal friendly atmosphere. We are NOT scared of gators and the like...we enjoy all that Florida has to offer which is why we want to move back. If anyone could give me a general idea and atmosphere of Crawfordville and the Wakulla area I would appreciate it. We do want to relocate to the Coastal side of the area to be closer to the Gulf and travel back and forth to Gville to visit family, but within 30 mins of Tally for work. Please, no podunk references...it's insulting.
You don't need to live outside of Leon County to have all that. The schools in Leon are significantly better and you can have the country life just a few miles north of I-10. Check out Bradfordville and properties in the NE along Roberts road, Centerville Rd., etc.

Much nicer than Wakulla for a variety of reasons, IMHO.

Old 08-26-2010, 12:00 PM

Yeah, but we want to be closer to the Gulf. I got tired of driving through town after town to get to either side of FLA for the beach. Part of the appeal of the Southern side is the proximity to the beach and driving to Gainesville and surrounding areas to visit friends and family. We like coastal fauna and flora and the Northern side is more hilly. I do hear that those areas are very nice, we won't scratch them from the list, we'll keep it in mind. Thanx!

Old 11-26-2010, 10:45 AM

1 posts, read 5,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennysmom View Post
We have lived in Wakulla for 5yrs now and love it. Great mix of old florida living and coastal living. It is about a 30 min drive to Tally for most of your shoping and employment oppurtunity. We have a nice 3/2 home on 1 acre in the $140-150K range for sale that we would love to get you some info on if you are still looking for some place to live. Let me know if you would like some more info or just general info on the area. Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee