Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2013, 10:14 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,734,327 times

Advertisements

I haven't been long in Tallahassee, and I'm still having trouble getting used to it. (sigh) I moved from Miami, which is an explosion of people and businesses. A bit easier to find anything you're looking for.

Now I'm looking for a place to meet people over 40. It hasn't been easy at all. I've been here over 2 years, and nothing. Tally has few people and most are either young and in college, or married, and the only places people seem to socialize is one of the myriad churches. (I guess they socialize while praying lol). I find just a place to meet single people over 40 that's not a church. Yes, it's easier in Miami, but is there nowhere in Tallahassee where I can meet single people over this age? Anyone know?

Also, I need a dentist to put in 2 crowns (on molars), and they're prohibitively expensive. My dentist in Miami was fairly inexpensive and did a great job, but I can't just go back and forth to Miami to have this work done. Anyone have a dentist that won't require you to be a bank robber to get something done?

lol

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2013, 10:27 PM
TD*

1,695 posts, read 4,142,805 times
What do you enjoy doing? If you like going out to bars, try midtown.

If you like coffee, their are tons of coffee shops to hang out at.

Parks? We have tons of those also.

Sports? Join a league or team.

Try Meetup.com Search for Tallahassee, and join a group on their that has something in your interest.

As for dentists, I cant recommend one.... I have dental insurance, so it costs me nothing extra..

Old 01-18-2013, 07:35 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TD* View Post
What do you enjoy doing? If you like going out to bars, try midtown.

If you like coffee, their are tons of coffee shops to hang out at.

Parks? We have tons of those also.

Sports? Join a league or team.

Try Meetup.com Search for Tallahassee, and join a group on their that has something in your interest.

As for dentists, I cant recommend one.... I have dental insurance, so it costs me nothing extra..
Thanks!

Yes, but what do I do at the coffee shops? Show up and go from table to table introducing myself and asking people if they're over 40 and single? LOL!

As for dental insurance, I have dental insurance through the Florida Bar and it still costs me. What sort of dental insurance costs you nothing extra for procedures?

As for a league - I'm not good at sports. Any recommendations?

Old 01-18-2013, 09:32 AM
TD*

1,695 posts, read 4,142,805 times
If you have never played it Disc Golf is really fun, we have 2 really nice courses. I reccomend you start at the Tom Brown Park course.

Its a really cheap sport to get into and really laid back.

I have met people out there playing, and its fun.

As far as looking for dates try some of the free online sites, friends of mine have luck with that.

okcupid.com is a good one.

Plentyoffish.com I have seen before.

Then there are the paid ones..

However, i would say whatever your into outside of work, find people with similar interests and you will make friends quick.

Gym classes (Spin, zumba etc) you can meet people

Gulf winds track club, is the local running club, and they have runs every weekend just about, meet sons of people that way..

THere is also yoga groups that meet,

Try tallahassee film society for local independent film showings..

Etc etc.

Let me know what you like to do and ill point you in the right direction.

Old 01-08-2014, 01:51 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,441,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Thanks!

Yes, but what do I do at the coffee shops? Show up and go from table to table introducing myself and asking people if they're over 40 and single? LOL!

As for dental insurance, I have dental insurance through the Florida Bar and it still costs me. What sort of dental insurance costs you nothing extra for procedures?

As for a league - I'm not good at sports. Any recommendations?
Wow! I would suggest with an attitude like how "this" came across...hmmmm, moving back to Miami?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee
View detailed profiles of: