Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2015, 03:04 PM

3 posts, read 4,292 times

Advertisements

I'm a grad student who is going to FSU this year & wanted to know where I could rent an apartment that is in a SAFE NEIGHBORHOOD. It would be great if it was a furnished 1/1. Can you please tell me if you know of a good place to live that is safe & quiet. I'm a law student & really need to be in a safe & quiet place. I don't mind driving to the school. Most of the information is very old that I have seen on these threads. Please help me if you can. All suggestions are welcomed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2015, 11:24 AM

1,246 posts, read 4,653,938 times
My daughter is a reshman at FSU. Her first year she was in a dorm. The neighborhood is not that great, but she never had a problem. We are moving her into the Jefferson Towers apartment. The neighborhood is little bit better and she can walk or bike to classes. It's not a luxury apartment, but it looks clean and fairly safe. The apartment is right near the law library.

As far as noise, she has been told it gets noisy during rush week. Then it is much quieter.

Old 04-25-2015, 06:50 AM
JAS

582 posts, read 2,041,055 times
If you don't mind a drive, you can head north of midtown along Thomasville Road towards Killearn. You should be out of the undergrad student range - any complexes near the FSU side of town will have louder students.

You could check to see if the Tallahassee Center or the other downtown condo towers have long-term rentals. That would put you within a short walk of the law school - they don't seem to be geared toward students.

Old 04-25-2015, 01:15 PM

3 posts, read 4,292 times
Thank you both so much. I surely will look into to all of these places. I currently live on W. Pensacola St. And lets just say it is not safe there. I really don't need any fancy amenities or a pool, gym etc. I just want to study in a quiet & SAFE NEIGHBORHOOD. Though it seems clear that most places around FSU are not SAFE at all. I'm not sure how to look up Tallahassee center but I'll google it. LOL! I've never thought of a condo because I thought they would be unfurnished. Just want to make the right move when my lease is up. I've also heard that the northeast section of the school is a lot nicer & safer but I've not found an apt. there that was furnished. Have you heard of any on that side of town that would be nicer? Not to concerned about the cost as long as it isn't over $800 a month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee
View detailed profiles of: