Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 10:40 PM

27 posts, read 130,217 times

Advertisements

My mate and I are considering a move to Hudson, FL. We have a few questions, for starters.

1. How is the air quality?
2. How is the drinking water quality?
3. Are there other environmental issues?
4. Are people friendly?
5. Are there natural and organic food stores in close proximity?
6. Are there good beaches for strolling or occasional basking?
7. Are there other good walking areas in town?
8. How's the weather?
9. Is there any serious crime to worry about, i.e., rape, robbery, burglary, assault?

Our most important concerns are the air, water and availability of organic foods at a reasonable price.

Thanks! Your insight will be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2011, 02:45 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pointeau View Post
My mate and I are considering a move to Hudson, FL. We have a few questions, for starters.

1. How is the air quality?
2. How is the drinking water quality?
3. Are there other environmental issues?
4. Are people friendly?
6. Are there good beaches for strolling or occasional basking?
7. Are there other good walking areas in town?
8. How's the weather?
9. Is there any serious crime to worry about, i.e., rape, robbery, burglary, assault?

Our most important concerns are the air, water and availability of organic foods at a reasonable price.

Thanks! Your insight will be greatly appreciated.
Air quality is OK
Water quality depends on your individual well.
Organic foods? Maybe at the flea market.
Some people are friendly some arent
Walking areas?none that i can think of as there is no real town of Hudson,its just a whistle stop on Highway 19.
No beaches unless you consider the 50ft plot of sand called Hudson beach.
Weather?hot and humid for most of the year.
Crime? little bit of everything..

In all i think there are better options if you are planning on moving to Florida..
Why are you thinking of Hudson?

Old 01-13-2011, 05:17 AM

27,218 posts, read 43,942,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pointeau View Post

Based on these criteria I'd look elsewhere. If you chose Hudson because of a job offer, consider strongly a 30 minute commute from Palm Harbor or the East Lake area between Tarpon Springs and Oldsmar. Palm Harbor has an Earth Origins Natural Foods Market http://www.naturalretail.com/retaile...4D586A359ED7E9 and you're within reasonable driving distance of Nature's Food Patch Nature's Food Patch, as well as several farmers markets.

Old 01-13-2011, 07:34 PM

12 posts, read 22,264 times
I agree with Kyle. I have lived in Palm Harbor for over 20 years and it is 100% better then Hudson. I work in Tampa which is about 25 miles away and the drive really is not that bad! Hudson is so small and a cheaper area so the crime rate will be a little higher. Air quality is about the same anywhere in Pinellas County. People are friendly but of course there are always some that are not. The weather is extremly hot in the summers and the winter season is unpredictable other then the fact that there is no snow. If it was me, I would consider some other communities that are not too far from Hudson that are a lot cleaner, nicer looking, more activities... Hope this helps out!

Old 01-13-2011, 08:18 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
I would look further south in Palm Harbor, Dunedin etc or northeast towards Brooksville.

Hudson for some reason reminds of a trailer park city.

Old 01-13-2011, 11:33 PM

194 posts, read 1,203,029 times
I can't think of anything Hudson has that would make me want to live there.

Old 01-14-2011, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinidorry View Post
I can't think of anything Hudson has that would make me want to live there.
Being into fishing big time some of Hudsons canal side dwellings do appeal to me for the convenience of having a boat ready to go in the back yard

Old 01-14-2011, 02:56 AM

Never understood why people will post pics on Google images then get all anal if you use one of them for purposes of showing an example.
Guess you'll have to do your own Googling of Hudson..

Old 01-14-2011, 05:50 AM

194 posts, read 1,203,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Being into fishing big time some of Hudsons canal side dwellings do appeal to me for the convenience of having a boat ready to go in the back yard
There are numerous spots like that littered all along the Gulf...although Hudson may be cheaper then most. Most of them have also flooded numerous times in the last 20 years.

Old 01-14-2011, 07:41 AM

5,500 posts, read 10,520,957 times
Based on asking this:

I'm going to say Hudson isn't going to be a good place for you culturally. Hudson is more of a dented can grocery store type town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay