Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2011, 02:46 PM

1 posts, read 3,861 times

Advertisements

My partner and I will be moving from Chicago to Tampa at the beginning of October.

We'll both be working at the International Plaza. Hours will vary between 8am and 11pm.
Our budget is 600-700 for an apartment. We would prefer a 1 bed/1bath.
We'll be attending the Hillsborough Community College once we gain residency.

We would prefer as short a commute as our budget allows us to have, while still being in a safe area. Do any neighborhoods or apartment complexes fit our list of needs?

From what I can tell, the closer to the plaza we get, the more expensive the housing gets. I am unfamiliar with the area, so I have no idea what areas are both affordable and safe. Any help would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2011, 02:54 PM

30,434 posts, read 21,271,177 times
You won't get much for 6-700 a month in that area. Most rents would be well over 1200 a month for something half way nice. No way to say what would be safe, i do work for many apt complex's and have seen busted in doors and crimes even in the best well kept apt complex's.

Old 07-17-2011, 07:16 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,202,996 times
Of course you can find an apt in that price range.
Camden Westshore Apartments in Tampa, FL | Photos & Media | Apartments.com

The Courtyards of South Tampa Apartments in Tampa, FL | Apartments.com

You might find a place a little further away too. You might also find garage apt. There are small apts in S. Tampa that do not advertise that are well in your price range.
http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/apa/2462070079.html (broken link)
http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/apa/2483360230.html (broken link)

I suggest you check out some places and then ask here 'how is this place'

Old 07-17-2011, 07:20 AM

4,469 posts, read 7,196,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam784 View Post
My partner and I will be moving from Chicago to Tampa at the beginning of October.

We'll both be working at the International Plaza. Hours will vary between 8am and 11pm.
Our budget is 600-700 for an apartment. We would prefer a 1 bed/1bath.
We'll be attending the Hillsborough Community College once we gain residency.

We would prefer as short a commute as our budget allows us to have, while still being in a safe area. Do any neighborhoods or apartment complexes fit our list of needs?

From what I can tell, the closer to the plaza we get, the more expensive the housing gets. I am unfamiliar with the area, so I have no idea what areas are both affordable and safe. Any help would be appreciated.
Grand Oaks near Sheldon/Hillsborough fits your price range, but I don't know how safe it is. Maybe someone more familiar with NW Tampa knows.

Old 07-17-2011, 10:48 AM

48 posts, read 121,459 times
Definitely check out the Westshore Apartments on Gray street just east of West Shore Blvd. It's an independently owned place with good rates. Safe neighborhood, central and convenient to everything. You'd be a 10 minute or less drive to the Dale Mabry campus of HCC. You should be able to get a 1br for 700, and it's exactly 1 mile from International Plaza and is safely walkable to there and also walkable to West Shore Plaza mall which is right across the street. I lived there for two years and it was a great experience. Apts phone is 813-287-2456...ask for Sandra, she is the property manager. They don't have a website unfortunately.

Old 07-17-2011, 02:42 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,202,996 times
Those are nice places TampaFrank. That is the problem there are many that are just not listed anywhere.. My stepson lived in a real nice place in S. Tampa with a pool and all brick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: