Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2012, 08:38 AM

21 posts, read 71,850 times

Advertisements

Hi,
We are planning to move to Tampa area, but we need an advise on apartment rental.
Can you please advise me a great apartment or townhouse 2/1 under $1000 in safe location, with young families and good schools. We are interested in Tampa or any city within 20 miles, Palm Harbor, St. Pete? Also, does the rent in Florida includes utilities?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2012, 09:42 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,284,153 times
Everything is negotiable, but while water/sewer/trash/cable is often included, electric is not.

I would not want to be a landlord finding out that my tenants are keeping the unit cold enough in the summer to hang meat.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:18 AM

1,725 posts, read 3,464,436 times
Al29. Echo what chi-tino said about the electric. I think you will be hard pressed to get a place with the price you want to pay and have everything included. Electric can (and will) run you a couple 100 dollars a month for about a 6 month stretch if you keep that A/C running.

Your 1000 opens up a lot of options though. I hesitate to start talking about places because I am not sure what you are looking to do. If you just want to live by the beach, get a job to pay the bills, you should find something. But almost everything in Tampa is within 20 miles of Palm Harbor or St Pete.

I have the apartment guide right in front of me...check out ForREnt.com and I also use hotpads.com from time to time to answer questions. If you see something you like, post about it. Some good people in here have a lot of answers. Or I can at least scan a page and send you what the book has.

Old 05-19-2012, 08:42 PM

Thanks!
I am interested in the apartment in Palm Harbor in a safe location, because we have a child. I did realize that electric would not be included, just was wondering if that is an option. I was able to find rentals online, but it is hard without really knowing the area. If anyone can advise on a good rental in a safe location in Palm Harbor, I would really appreciate it.

Old 05-20-2012, 10:30 AM

2 posts, read 2,652 times
Palm Harbor has always been known to be a decent area and schools anywhere in the clearwater area are recommended. I will say try to find a newer apt complex to increase chances of upgraded appliances, especially A/C so you will avoid chances of mold.

Old 05-20-2012, 01:02 PM

4,696 posts, read 7,895,539 times
Check out this site which gives you a good idea of what's available in different areas: Apartments for Rent - PadMapper Apartment Search for Oodle, Apartments.com, Rent.com, Kijiji, and Craigslist Apartments

Old 05-21-2012, 01:41 PM

Thank you for a great info!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay