Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 07:32 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,928,799 times

Advertisements

OP, you absolutely do not want to live in Lutz, if you want the beach in your time frame. It is 50 minutes (simply mapquest it) to Honeymoon Island Beach and that is with no traffic. Easily add 50% more time to that. The Citrus Park area is slightly better, but still well outside your range with traffic.

Both those areas are exactly where NOT to be, IF being convenient to the beaches is a factor. You really need to stay in Pinellas county. Just be on the east side of Pinellas county, so you can have easy access to the beaches, to shopping/dining, as well as to the Tampa area itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2013, 07:37 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,319,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
OP, you absolutely do not want to live in Lutz, if you want the beach in your time frame. It is 50 minutes (simply mapquest it) to Honeymoon Island Beach and that is with no traffic. Easily add 50% more time to that. The Citrus Park area is slightly better, but still well outside your range with traffic.

Both those areas are exactly where NOT to be, IF being convenient to the beaches is a factor. You really need to stay in Pinellas county. Just be on the east side of Pinellas county, so you can have easy access to the beaches, to shopping/dining, as well as to the Tampa area itself.
You are OUT OF YOUR MIND to make such comment! I live in LUTZ and I go to the BEACH EVERY OTHER DAY! It takes me 25 minutes. Would you like to come with me? I went YESTERDAY! DUDE I LIVED HERE 7 YEARS NOW! You just moved here, stop telling people lies!

OP: THE Lutz area I am referring too is 33558/Hillsborough County. Schools are excellent, (HENCE the lack of inventory RE wise)! PLEASE DO GREATSCHOOLS.net to see for yourself...

Ohh by the way...PRIUS...These people are not retired, they have jobs and kids in school! Work commute and school commute come first! The beach is not going anywhere and believe me...it never once took me 50 minutes to a beach unless I went to SARASOTA!

FYI: Here is the ORIGINAL POST:
Quote:
I also want to know what part of Tampa is best for raising a young family, yet also close to everything..I don't want to 'commute' more than 10-15 minutes for things like gas,grocery,Target, Lowes, etc. yet still within a half hour ride to the gulf beaches in Clearwater/St Pete etc. I know you get these questions all the time but I have scoured the posts and haven't seen one that answers my question...I want to rent a town house also not buy..any suggestions of areas I should look into would help profusely..and if you can think of any other areas that would fit this description and be closer to the beach than Tampa is that would help too.

Old 01-30-2013, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
You are OUT OF YOUR MIND to make such comment! I live in LUTZ and I go to the BEACH EVERY OTHER DAY! It takes me 25 minutes. Would you like to come with me? I went YESTERDAY! DUDE I LIVED HERE 7 YEARS NOW! You just moved here, stop telling people lies!

OP: THE Lutz area I am referring too is 33558/Hillsborough County. Schools are excellent, (HENCE the lack of inventory RE wise)! PLEASE DO GREATSCHOOLS.net to see for yourself...

Ohh by the way...PRIUS...These people are not retired, they have jobs and kids in school! Work commute and school commute come first! The beach is not going anywhere and believe me...it never once took me 50 minutes to a beach unless I went to SARASOTA!

FYI: Here is the ORIGINAL POST:
OP, the area 33558 area referred to above, according to Mapquest, is 26.64 miles and 46 minutes to Honeymoon Island. You need to factor in even more time for traffic, which is much more difficult over toward Lutz and Northern Tampa area. Please simply mapquest it yourself and you will see.

Heck, we live in eastern Palm Harbor and we are more than half way closer to the beaches than Lutz and it takes us exactly 25 minutes to the beach with very little traffic, so obviously you can see more than doubling the miles simply cannot be done in the same amount of time. Mapquest confirms that as fact.

Again, east Pinellas County offers very family friendly, safe, great schools, convenient to everything areas. You just simply do not want to be in the more central and/or northern parts of Hillsborough County, based on your requirements.

Old 01-30-2013, 07:57 AM

294 posts, read 543,825 times
I will definitely look into the Lutz area as well...I like having the option of seeing multiple areas that fit into my criteria that I am looking for...because Palm Harbor looks like it may top of my list but it is hard finding the type of place I am looking for, it seems it is all apartment complexes that are available...which mind you I realize I am not looking to actually MOVE until 2014 so hard to say there is nothing avail. when it really doesn't matter what is avail right now seeing I can't move yet anyway...but I will look into Lutz as well, you just never know..so thank you I will check it out now.

Old 01-30-2013, 07:59 AM

Also OP, we live just about in line about half way between the Citrus Park Mall and the beaches. It takes us 25 minutes to get to the mall going east and it takes us 25 minutes to the beaches going west. You can easily do the math. That's 50 minutes from Citrus Park to the beaches. Can be more with the awful traffic you can encounter in parts of Hillsborough County, as well as entering the beach area itself.

Old 01-30-2013, 08:10 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,319,146 times
Honeymoon Island is also NOT a FREE beach!
$4 for two car ppl
$8 for full car
Or anual pass $128

Unless they upped the prices since last year!!!!! We don't go there!!!

Old 01-30-2013, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
Honeymoon Island is also NOT a FREE beach!
$4 for two car ppl
$8 for full car
Or anual pass $128

Unless thet upped the prices since last year!!!!!
Who said it was a free beach???

I mentioned it, because "you" highlighted it was a beach to go to in your post upthread.

$128 is correct for the annual pass. That's what we did the first of the year. We purchased it because it is not a pass just for the beach. It is a state park pass, so once you buy it you can enter all the state parks.

Old 01-30-2013, 08:21 AM

Again, from my research I have already done Palm Harbor tops my list for what I am looking for but there aren't many rentals avail. that fit what I want to live in..again it really doesn't matter because I am not moving for a while so things may change (Hopefully, because I like it there) but it can't hurt to look elsewhere either...I just can't live too far from beaches because that is one of the biggest reasons we want to move to this area.

Old 01-30-2013, 08:31 AM

1,336 posts, read 4,971,445 times
almost anywhere in hillsboroguh county will be a nightmare getting to the beach unless you go during off hours when traffic is minimal.

Old 01-30-2013, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSnFla View Post
almost anywhere in hillsboroguh county will be a nightmare getting to the beach unless you go during off hours when traffic is minimal.
Yeah that seems to be what most are telling me because I am getting private messages as well saying the same...as far as the year pass I am all about that, sounds like it makes perfect sense
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay