Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 07:08 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,915,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by overit2 View Post
I'll confess, I have not heard that term before-and that could simply be because-well where I lived that didn't happen or wasn't common enough to have a term for it.
You have not heard it before, because it is a silly non professional term. It would be like me saying I was driving down the road in a reverse south direction to get to Clearwater. No one says that.

Old 06-23-2013, 07:17 PM

892 posts, read 1,578,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
True. At least with a southeast flow i have a chance of rain, but it still misses me most times.

I had a 30 second (if that long) downpour at my house right near Dunedin Causeway.......250 ft from the coast...

The rest of it split up and went North and South of my location.......

Oh wait........

I'm in a "coastal" location....so the coastal locations received coastal rain on the coast of the coastal counties that are located on the coast of coastal Florida.....

So, I must have got some measurable rain here cause our local weather expert with decades of knowledge said so.

484 posts, read 761,992 times
Not a drop here today

30,455 posts, read 21,298,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
You have not heard it before, because it is a silly non professional term. It would be like me saying I was driving down the road in a reverse south direction to get to Clearwater. No one says that.
Well before your time in this state on Chan8 and before your God Steve was around, John Winters would use the term reverse west wind flow. But what do weather men know or people that have lived HERE for years.

Old 06-23-2013, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post

Yeah......no one as in the ENTIRE BAY NEWS 9 WEATHER STAFF....

Including Alan Winfield, Mike Clay, Josh Linker, Julie Marques, Brian McClure, Diane Katchmarek, and others....

EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THOSE METEOROLOGISTS USE THE TERMS: reverse summertime pattern or reverse, west wind flow.

ABSOLUTE 100% UNDENIABLE FACT......PERIOD.

Old 06-23-2013, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamatem View Post
Not a drop here today
I got .20" the force field is strong at my house.

Old 06-23-2013, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-R-B View Post
Yeah......no one as in the ENTIRE BAY NEWS 9 WEATHER STAFF....

Including Alan Winfield, Mike Clay, Josh Linker, Julie Marques, Brian McClure, Diane Katchmarek, and others....

EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THOSE METEOROLOGISTS USE THE TERMS: reverse summertime pattern or reverse, west wind flow.

ABSOLUTE 100% UNDENIABLE FACT......PERIOD.
He knows full well we are right.

Old 06-23-2013, 07:34 PM

226 posts, read 340,182 times
Quote:
Cause people like you will lap up his BS and be fooled by someone that knows nothing about the weather.

Where did ya live? Cause a reverse west wind flow is for the FL west coast only.
Excuse me?? Did someone **** in your cheerios today? "People like you"...what does that even mean lol, perhaps that I'm to naive or uneducated to form my own opinion simply becuase of a post on this forum??

You know what, maybe he messes w/you all because it's obvious you all get so worked up and upset about this topic.

I don't lap ANYTHING up...other then sometimes I like to hear positive people love where they live. I will make my own mind up after moving there. I asked because I hadn't heard of the term other then hearing it a few times on this board...I swear now when I visit next month-if I hear the term it will make me laugh and think of a Prius haha!

I lived in S. America, mentioned it I think

Man, I think I'm not the only one in need of a vacation

Old 06-23-2013, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by overit2 View Post
Excuse me?? Did someone **** in your cheerios today? "People like you"...what does that even mean lol, perhaps that I'm to naive or uneducated to form my own opinion simply becuase of a post on this forum??

You know what, maybe he messes w/you all because it's obvious you all get so worked up and upset about this topic.

I don't lap ANYTHING up...other then sometimes I like to hear positive people love where they live. I will make my own mind up after moving there. I asked because I hadn't heard of the term other then hearing it a few times on this board...I swear now when I visit next month-if I hear the term it will make me laugh and think of a Prius haha!

I lived in S. America, mentioned it I think

Man, I think I'm not the only one in need of a vacation
At least i would get some rain in S- america, i would trade ya.

Last edited by Sunscape; 06-24-2013 at 05:39 AM..

Old 06-23-2013, 07:39 PM

Quote:
He knows full well we are right.

He also only responds to posts from people in agreement with his views....and ignores the rest.

Way to be a grown man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay