Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 08:47 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,907,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
I know you were being facetious, but this is the track from the state...

FHWA Office of Operations - iFlorida Model Deployment Final Evaluation Report

As one can see, it entered the state in Charlotte County, then proceeded to enter/skirt the following counties...

Sarasota, Desoto, Hardee, Hillsborough, Polk, Osceola, Orange, Lake, Seminole, and exited the state through Volusia and skirted Flagler.

According to this graph from NOAA, most of South East and Central Florida had atleast Tropical Storm force winds.
Really. Even though we are being told this simply did not happen, this highly recognized federal agency "claims" it did? It must be a government conspiracy me thinks.

Seriously though, Thx TXRyan. As I said, the information from actual professionals is easily available. I already posted some and what you just posted was absolutely concrete. That is an easy to read map of what did indeed happen. Any further denial from naysayers really just helps them lose further credibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2013, 04:15 AM

30,434 posts, read 21,271,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
Polk and Osceola Counties had damage too.
And them two counties where in the storm track. Still nothing in the Tampa area worth talking about.

Old 05-30-2013, 04:20 PM

260 posts, read 909,218 times
Not really. The storm hit land 100 miles south of Tampa and headed north EAST. Look at the 2nd graphic in post #70. The brownish color shows Tampa had tropical storm force winds. Wauchula in Hardee County was almost wiped out, and I know Bartow in Polk County which is 40 miles east of Tampa was also hit very hard. A few years ago I was looking at homes in Hardee and Polk Counties and was reminded of how bad it was back then because almost every house I looked at had a newer roof. Sorry if I sound a little put off about the remark "And them two counties where in the storm track. Still nothing in the Tampa area worth talking about." Your very lucky some of these towns in "them two counties" were very close to you. Here is a article about the 3 storms that hit Polk county. Maybe you should read that and then tell the people of Bartow how bad the storm was where you were. Had that storm hit land 50 miles north then you may be able to talk about how bad it was. Polk's Three Hurricanes Make Disaster History. Polk County Takes a Place in History

Old 05-30-2013, 04:58 PM

30,434 posts, read 21,271,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by planthappy View Post
Not really. The storm hit land 100 miles south of Tampa and headed north EAST. Look at the 2nd graphic in post #70. The brownish color shows Tampa had tropical storm force winds. Wauchula in Hardee County was almost wiped out, and I know Bartow in Polk County which is 40 miles east of Tampa was also hit very hard. A few years ago I was looking at homes in Hardee and Polk Counties and was reminded of how bad it was back then because almost every house I looked at had a newer roof. Sorry if I sound a little put off about the remark "And them two counties where in the storm track. Still nothing in the Tampa area worth talking about." Your very lucky some of these towns in "them two counties" were very close to you. Here is a article about the 3 storms that hit Polk county. Maybe you should read that and then tell the people of Bartow how bad the storm was where you were. Had that storm hit land 50 miles north then you may be able to talk about how bad it was. Polk's Three Hurricanes Make Disaster History. Polk County Takes a Place in History
Who are you talking 2?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay