Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 02:21 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,649,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWTechGuy View Post
I would think so. The modem just gets connected, but then you have to call Brighthouse and give them the info (model and MAC address from the label on the unit) so they can provision it on their network.

The router will work out of the box and has a quick-start guide and setup wizard to get things configured.
Thank you!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2013, 11:23 AM

849 posts, read 2,921,974 times
I was a loyal Brighthouse customer for years, but noticed the internet speed is nowhere near what they advertise. I had RR Lightning, and had the 60/5. I could never get over 20/3. I am a gamer, I port forwarded and did everything I could to squeeze out more speed...to no avail. That was using their equipment and being hard wired. I finally got fed up and went to FIOS. The HD picture is better than Brighthouse, and their advertised speed (I have the 50/25) is dead on. I get a routine 43-50 DL and 20-23 UL on Speedtest. I'll never go back. Verizon's customer service has also greatly improved with less billing issues than before. Just don't move if you're under contract. I got screwed on my special deal when I moved-no idea why that happened. They cancelled my free box promotion, so now I have to pay for the extra cable box for a year when I shouldn't have. Oh well. I can handle it.

Old 10-09-2013, 11:57 AM

3,269 posts, read 9,933,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abba5 View Post
I have been a Bright House customer since 99. As I sit here on the phone waiting for a technical support rep to pick up (13+ minutes now).... after my internet speed repeatedly failed requirements for a telecommuting position I applied for (which it should NOT have failed!!!) I am strongly considering telling Bright House to KMA and switch over to Verizon.

If you were a Bright House customer and switched to Verizon (even if you ended up switching back to BH), please tell me what you love or hate about either. I need the pros and cons here.

Thank you in advance.
We made this change to FIOS. The difference is INSANE. Calls are crystal clear (they used to cut out all the time with cable) and the internet is so much faster. Do it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay