Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 02:19 PM

2 posts, read 3,384 times

Advertisements

My family will be moving back to Tampa from Virginia the first week of July. My husband will be working close to the airport and we have one child in middle school and one in high school. We lived in Tampa for one year and rented in Westchase before moving away a couple of years ago and love the area and the schools. We had planned to move back and buy a home in Westchase but have been told by our realtor that there is low inventory at the present time and homes are only on the market for a few days before being sold. She has recommended that we look in Land O Lakes and I have been doing some research online and it seems like quite a commute to the airport area. Good public schools are a priority and a commute of 30 to 45 minutes would be ideal. We would like to keep our home purchase in the $400,000 range. I will be grateful for any information on the Land O Lakes area and for recommendations of other areas we should check out. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2014, 02:43 PM

2 posts, read 2,598 times
Have you had a look at Trinity? Right on the veterans, 30 minutes to the air port, close to two malls, "A" rated schools, and a good investment area with all the businesses popping up around it. Land O Lakes is not bad though, there is a new home subdivision there called Concorde Station, and another called I believe Balantaire?

Old 03-30-2014, 08:43 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,186,967 times
Why not check out Carrollwood? Lovely area, lots of families, not far from the Airport. I should think Land O Lakes would be a bit of a hike.

Old 03-30-2014, 09:23 PM

173 posts, read 449,432 times
Consider renting upto a year, then purchase a house. Being down here and being able to look for 12 months has its advantages. While a lease might say 12 months, after you close on a house negotiate with the landlord. All they can really do is keep your deposit. No judge will uphold a residential lease for the entire term.

Old 03-31-2014, 12:52 AM

237 posts, read 392,267 times
If you cant get to the airport in 30-45 minutes from Land O Lakes then you need to upgrade to a car. I commute past the airport from LoL and pass it at around the 20 minute mark on Veterans Expressway.

If your looking at the $400k range I would highly suggest you take a look at the builder Homes by Westbay specifically their neighborhood Terra Bella on SR54. K. Hovnanian is getting ready to begin building as well. I believe the area of Terra Bella being built by Westbay is among some of the nicest homes in the area as well as having an excellent reputation as a local builder.

Westbay Terra Bella: Terra Bella | New Tampa New Homes | Homes By WestBay
K Hovnanian Terra Bella: New Homes Florida, Land O' Lakes, Pasco County, FL by K. Hovnanian® Homes® @ Terra Bella

The high school (Sun Lake) and middle school (Charles S Rushe) are good schools. Unfortunately the area is zoned to Denham elementary school, which isnt very good but you can school choice to a couple really good elementary schools in the area to include just as close Lake Myrtle elementary.

Feel free to ask my any questions via direct message otherwise, good luck!

Old 04-09-2014, 05:13 PM

2 posts, read 3,384 times
Sorry for taking this long to reply. Thanks so much for all of your replies. We will be traveling to Tampa next week to check out different areas/homes. Wish us luck :-)

Old 04-09-2014, 05:26 PM

237 posts, read 392,267 times
Perhaps I should rescind my earlier recommendation as regular poster Enggirl has clearly pointed out, nobody in their right mind would dare imply any place in Tampa Bay is better then FishHawk Ranch so I would say, go there first.

Maybe they will give you some kool-aid and a free sticker "I LOVE FHR" for your car?

Old 04-09-2014, 05:44 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,464,436 times
Oh that is GREAT STUFF!

Old 04-09-2014, 06:21 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,012,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dystopian View Post
Perhaps I should rescind my earlier recommendation as regular poster Enggirl has clearly pointed out, nobody in their right mind would dare imply any place in Tampa Bay is better then FishHawk Ranch so I would say, go there first.

Maybe they will give you some kool-aid and a free sticker "I LOVE FHR" for your car?
You are a bigger cheerleader for LOL, all those "15 min to the airport" at 630am is part you often leave out, other than that anyone that hates Palm Harbor as much as you seemingly do its ok in my book.

Old 04-09-2014, 07:27 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,204,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
You are a bigger cheerleader for LOL, all those "15 min to the airport" at 630am is part you often leave out, other than that anyone that hates Palm Harbor as much as you seemingly do its ok in my book.
And you are forgetting the scenic drive along SR54 from Trinity through Land O'Lakes to Wesley Chapel / New Tampa , which is about to explode with mass exodus to that area, I mean one need to hurry to get it now or risk being locked out forever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay