Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 06:20 PM

1,294 posts, read 1,121,420 times

Advertisements

HCC has several locations, one is on the west side of Brandon next to 75. Another to the east in Plant City. It works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2014, 06:49 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,016,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last1Out View Post
HCC has several locations, one is on the west side of Brandon next to 75. Another to the east in Plant City. It works.
I go to HCC. I am fully aware of where their campuses are. Outside of that, why would you want to go to a satellite campus that doesn't offer anywhere near as many classes as the main campus?

Old 08-31-2014, 05:53 AM

I don't know what classes he needs to study!

Old 08-31-2014, 11:18 AM

13 posts, read 14,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezfreak View Post
One thing i always do to check on houses i'm considering is make sure they're up on their taxes. That's a good indication if they handle their property.
This is an awesome idea. You are right. If someone id not paying taxes, that usually means other areas in finances are suffering as well. This should be public knowledge, so I'll look. I saw two I am very interested in (so far).

For the last person who commented "not making much sense", the reason for moving into Brandon is because I choose not to reside in the immediate Tampa area. Everyone must travel somewhere whether its for work, school, children or something. Unless you work at home, traveling is necessary no matter where you live even if it's by foot!

Old 08-31-2014, 11:21 AM

Besides, school isn't the hard part. Finding and securing employment is more if the challenge.

Old 08-31-2014, 11:51 AM

4,091 posts, read 6,016,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linthern4 View Post
Besides, school isn't the hard part. Finding and securing employment is more if the challenge.
And you think Brandon (a suburb) will offer more employment opportunities than Tampa (the city that anchors this county)?

Old 08-31-2014, 02:13 PM

If by EHS she means Emergency Health Services, Brandon is one of three "hot spots" in Hillsborough County for medical services businesses. The other two are the areas around St. Joseph's hospital and the University of South Florida. I remember being surprised at how many more are around St. Joseph's than Tampa General. The Tampa suburbs have the bedroom communities and retirees which makes them prime hunting ground for emergency services.

Old 08-31-2014, 09:10 PM

484 posts, read 761,602 times
When I was considering moving to Tampa, and discussed it with a local friend here, I had also said "I wouldn't necessarily want to live in Tampa proper", not knowing exactly what that means here. Tampa isn't like the cities up north - it's ALL sprawl - and livable/convenient. If I was moving to the Hartford area - I would definitely live outside of Hartford. Not at all the case here.

Old 09-01-2014, 08:11 AM

85 posts, read 129,811 times
Hillsborough County only has three incorporated Cities (Tampa, Temple Terrace, and Plant City) all the other communities are technically in unincorporated Hillsborough County. I have found the Brandon Community to be fairly nice for a suburb. They have a lot of shopping centers and its pretty accessible to Tampa, some great State/County Parks, and the rest of Florida (for weekend getaways). The Brandon mall is really nice for families. Its pretty affordable but outside the master planned communities, its not very walkable and everything is discounted from each other (there are no cute, older walkable areas). Lots of oak trees.

Old 09-01-2014, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last1Out View Post
If by EHS she means Emergency Health Services, Brandon is one of three "hot spots" in Hillsborough County for medical services businesses. The other two are the areas around St. Joseph's hospital and the University of South Florida. I remember being surprised at how many more are around St. Joseph's than Tampa General. The Tampa suburbs have the bedroom communities and retirees which makes them prime hunting ground for emergency services.
Spoken like a person who really knows their stuff! That is exactly what I mean. Again, he and my 19 year old would be looking to enroll in a college close by. In the mean time (before degree in EHS) he would need to locate employment. Obviously it would mean he may need to travel outside of Brandon. If traveling a little means JOB, than that is what he would have to do. If I decide to take the position (pending offer) my family wouldn't be ready until December. Hopefully rentals are still abundant and reasonable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay