Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 02:26 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,806,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
What does that mean, down to the ground? Low prices? Or you were "floored" at what they were asking? What are they advertising, anyway? They probably figure they can suck in new arrivals who never saw the news stories and protests.

Anyone who doesn't google a home builder before even looking at their offerings probably deserves what they get anyway.
I will be short - they are asking way too much for the quality of work they performed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2015, 02:29 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,183,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enggirl View Post
i will be short - they are asking way too much for the quality of work they performed.
shockerrrr!!!!:d

Old 01-13-2015, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
We are paying on our mortgage, because it is the right thing to do. I have zero respect for anyone who does not try to do the right thing. Obviously if someone loses their job or something and CAN'T pay their mortgage, that is one thing. But trying not to pay simply because of one received 7 copies instead of 8 is beyond pathetic.

Karma while rule in the end, as people like that will step in it someday.
Well, you seem to be happy with your home and comfortable with what you paid, so why not pay your mortgage?

If someone likes their house and can afford what they're paying, great.

Old 01-13-2015, 02:47 PM

Just as an aside, some of the issues that arise with the mass market home builders is exactly why I have always preferred to buy an existing home in an established neighborhood, subdivision or development. Although surprises can always pop up, you have a much better chance of knowing what you're getting. I prefer mature landscaping, too. I also prefer it if there aren't large swaths of vacant land nearby. People don't realize how a new development close to where they live can change things.

Lol, when we lived on the other side of the state, they started developing a large piece of vacant land adjacent to our community. The lower grade land at the back of our property took longer and longer to drain after heavy rain or storms, until we actually had one person ask us if our home was "waterfront".

Old 01-13-2015, 02:54 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times
Quote:
Just as an aside, some of the issues that arise with the mass market home builders is exactly why I have always preferred to buy an existing home in an established neighborhood, subdivision or development. Although surprises can always pop up, you have a much better chance of knowing what you're getting. I prefer mature landscaping, too. I also prefer it if there aren't large swaths of vacant land nearby. People don't realize how a new development close to where they live can change things.
I absolutely agree. I do not have enough time left in my life to wait for the trees to grow to maturity.

Old 01-13-2015, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
I absolutely agree. I do not have enough time left in my life to wait for the trees to grow to maturity.
Your neighborhood is just truly lovely. You're one of the lucky ones, you did well.

Old 01-13-2015, 04:07 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times
Quote:
Your neighborhood is just truly lovely. You're one of the lucky ones, you did well.
Thx. My "opinion" of things may be skewed somewhat by looking at things from our area's point of view. That is why I try to note the area in certain relative posts, so people know I am not making blanket statements.

Old 01-13-2015, 08:08 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,806,501 times
Quote:

Lol, when we lived on the other side of the state, they started developing a large piece of vacant land adjacent to our community. The lower grade land at the back of our property took longer and longer to drain after heavy rain or storms, until we actually had one person ask us if our home was "waterfront".
I agree with you. Buying in new neighborhood to be surrounded by construction noise and dust and hope the whole development will be completed one day without going into bankruptcy - it's pretty brave

As for the waterfront - local news showed a neighborhood somewhere in Hillsborough this evening where pond/lake high water level caused water to get on property. Where people used to have dry land and fence they now have water. I guess they can call it direct water access... Horrible.

Old 01-13-2015, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
I agree with you. Buying in new neighborhood to be surrounded by construction noise and dust and hope the whole development will be completed one day without going into bankruptcy - it's pretty brave

As for the waterfront - local news showed a neighborhood somewhere in Hillsborough this evening where pond/lake high water level caused water to get on property. Where people used to have dry land and fence they now have water. I guess they can call it direct water access... Horrible.
Haven't seen the Hillsborough clip yet, but I have seen some clips of communities in the Lakeland area where this has happened, mostly mobile homes, though. Still, it's really sad, especially when the county comes out and says there's not much they can do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay