Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 09:48 AM

5,687 posts, read 7,183,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDownTown View Post
You never "own" real estate in the US, you only have the right to "transfer title" to another chump.

People say, "oh my house is PAID for free and clear" !....I'll show you an idiot. You never ever own real estate free and clear NEVER.

There is a perpetual lien on your house/land, etc...forever and ever Amen.

Why ? the hegemony of the government (county local and in some cases federal) through the power of taxation - i.e. property taxes and special assessments.

Try not paying your property taxes on a continuum, the county will place a tax lien on your house and will then use another branch of the government, the Court system, to obtain a judgment against you and your property, then one branch of the government will petition the Court to allow SALE of "Your Property", to satisfy said Judgment issued against you and the real property.

It doesn't matter if you've been paying taxes on the property for 30, 40, 50 or 100 years.

The government essentially OWNS the property, you simply have "title" to said property. The government taxes your property forever and ever, Amen, even if the title is "transferred" to another chump - taxes are still due in perpetuity.....

No one owns real property outright, free and clear - not in the US - NEVER. The taxing authority owns all property in its respective jurisdiction.....forever and ever.....you don't OWN Jack.

That why the banks while foreclosing on your house, still pay the taxes....because the government can take it from the BANKS even if they don't pay property taxes ! The government is the mackdaddy of mackdaddies.

That why, screw the mortgage companies, they are not your friend. NEVER pay off a mortgage. NEVER leave large sums of EQUITY in your house - Get the equity OUT then invest the money in making more money FOR YOU, NOT for the goddam bank.

NEVER pay off a mortgage even if you have the cash. That's one of the most stupid things you can ever contemplate. Cash in YOUR pocket or IMMEDIATE access to YOUR EQUITY is more important than having a zero balance on a mortgage.

Also there is NO tax benefit accruing to you for federal taxes when you pay off a mortgage. Dumb crap. Stupid crap.

Again, you don't OWN the house in the first place or the last place ! I have counseled many borrowers on how to live in the house essentially FREE, and stay liquid.
Geez, I wish I could rep you again. That was a fabulous, "In Your Face" "Tell It Like It IS" post. You just gave some folks the real lowdown. Will they get it? One or two might. Many will probably think you're off your rocker, lol. And that's why they call them "sheeple".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2015, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Oh....and NEVER EVER BUY A CONDO

It's a double whammy. The Horizontal Property Regime and Condominium Association has as much power and true ownership than you as well.

In some cases they can sell your condo, right from under you....lol

NEVER buy a condo.......forever and ever Amen
You mean like this?

Florida law lets investors force out condo owners at a loss - Naples Daily News

I wouldn't touch a condo with a ten foot banana.

Old 01-08-2015, 10:08 AM

4,091 posts, read 6,014,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
Are you looking for one or just being smart pants?
Here is the list for you, depending on your situation and budget you will be able to find what's you are looking for:
Tampa Real Estate Lawyers - Local Attorneys & Law Firms in Tampa, FL | FindLaw
You are welcome!
I'm looking for the specific one you went through who "coached" you through this process. I'm going to highly doubt you went through an entire list of lawyers.

Lets just make it easy on you:
-You can't back up your claims and
-You can't tell us what lawyer supposedly "taught you" about these strategic defaults.

Old 01-08-2015, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
I'm looking for the specific one you went through who "coached" you through this process. I'm going to highly doubt you went through an entire list of lawyers.

Lets just make it easy on you:
-You can't back up your claims and
-You can't tell us what lawyer supposedly "taught you" about these strategic defaults.

Nor should she. That's her business. She already backed up her claims, because my friend got a similar checklist to what she did. It checks out.

Old 01-08-2015, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Heck, I've taught borrowers the ropes on strategic defaults, modifications, and how to strategically LIE to no-good banks like B of A, and the banksters at JPMorgan Chase Bank, d/b/a "Chase" (they like using this, but there is no such legal entity as "Chase").....that's how they dance you around legally in letters, etc etc.....LOL....""Chase" doesn't exist [legally] it's a marketing scam to keep you off-base and stupid.
Amen, brothah! Yer killin' me here, lol.

Old 01-08-2015, 11:37 AM

521 posts, read 870,209 times
Quote:
You never "own" real estate in the US, you only have the right to "transfer title" to another chump.

People say, "oh my house is PAID for free and clear" !....I'll show you an idiot. You never ever own real estate free and clear NEVER.

There is a perpetual lien on your house/land, etc...forever and ever Amen.

Why ? the hegemony of the government (county local and in some cases federal) through the power of taxation - i.e. property taxes and special assessments.

Try not paying your property taxes on a continuum, the county will place a tax lien on your house and will then use another branch of the government, the Court system, to obtain a judgment against you and your property, then one branch of the government will petition the Court to allow SALE of "Your Property", to satisfy said Judgment issued against you and the real property.

It doesn't matter if you've been paying taxes on the property for 30, 40, 50 or 100 years.

The government essentially OWNS the property, you simply have "title" to said property. The government taxes your property forever and ever, Amen, even if the title is "transferred" to another chump - taxes are still due in perpetuity.....

No one owns real property outright, free and clear - not in the US - NEVER. The taxing authority owns all property in its respective jurisdiction.....forever and ever.....you don't OWN Jack.

That why the banks while foreclosing on your house, still pay the taxes....because the government can take it from the BANKS even if they don't pay property taxes ! The government is the mackdaddy of mackdaddies.

That why, screw the mortgage companies, they are not your friend. NEVER pay off a mortgage. NEVER leave large sums of EQUITY in your house - Get the equity OUT then invest the money in making more money FOR YOU, NOT for the goddam bank.

NEVER pay off a mortgage even if you have the cash. That's one of the most stupid things you can ever contemplate. Cash in YOUR pocket or IMMEDIATE access to YOUR EQUITY is more important than having a zero balance on a mortgage.

Also there is NO tax benefit accruing to you for federal taxes when you pay off a mortgage. Dumb crap. Stupid crap.

Again, you don't OWN the house in the first place or the last place ! I have counseled many borrowers on how to live in the house essentially FREE, and stay liquid.
Oh, I think I did ok. I looked at the amortization of my mortgage and seen that interest was $9600 in interest a year for the first 10 years before the ratio started leveling out. I paid off the mortgage and saved $96000 in interest payments and more, invested that $ 800 a month in stock market investments. That house doesn't owe me a dime. Your rant just doesn't hold water. Your argument I think is (example) keep paying $1000 a month note, which $800 of it is interest. Then you refinance at 4-5% to get equity to invest or have cash on hand because you said you have IMMEDIATE access to your EQUITY. The only other way is to sell the house to get equity if your not in foreclosure from not paying the taxes.Dude, that mortgage company loves you. Could you advise me how the living in the house for FREE part works in there.

Old 01-08-2015, 11:47 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,904,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave w View Post
Oh, I think I did ok. I looked at the amortization of my mortgage and seen that interest was $9600 in interest a year for the first 10 years before the ratio started leveling out. I paid off the mortgage and saved $96000 in interest payments and more, invested that $ 800 a month in stock market investments. That house doesn't owe me a dime. Your rant just doesn't hold water. Your argument I think is (example) keep paying $1000 a month note, which $800 of it is interest. Then you refinance at 4-5% to get equity to invest or have cash on hand because you said you have IMMEDIATE access to your EQUITY. The only other way is to sell the house to get equity if your not in foreclosure from not paying the taxes.Dude, that mortgage company loves you. Could you advise me how the living in the house for FREE part works in there.
Yes! Especially true for retirees who will be mostly on a fixed income. Do NOT retire with a mortgage....downsize if you have to, but get rid of the mortgage before you retire. There is no tax advantage to paying mortgage interest to most retirees since your marginal income tax rate is normally quite low.

We've been mortgage free on our last 3 homes (since 2003 when we retired at age 50)...it's a great feeling.

Old 01-08-2015, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDownDownTown View Post
You see somebody had my postings deleted.....probably "Chase"...lol
What the???

Truth be told, this whole site has its origins in Real Estate, and it's essentially a relocation site. WHOOPS! I forget that sometimes. That's why you see all the Red Hats on here.

Old 01-08-2015, 12:49 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
Have you also noticed how the "Lending Tree" commercials disappeared between 2008 and 2012, and now they're everywhere again and just as obnoxious as before?

Builders here count on transplants, (Especially those who "think" Florida is "so cheap"), because locals have seen this more than once before and won't make the same mistake twice.
use any "cost of living" calculator and punch in some cities. U will be surprised at the results.

Old 01-08-2015, 12:51 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
What the???

Truth be told, this whole site has its origins in Real Estate, and it's essentially a relocation site. WHOOPS! I forget that sometimes. That's why you see all the Red Hats on here.
One person may disagree with your "relocation site" label.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay