Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 04:51 PM

14 posts, read 26,493 times

Advertisements

I am asking you locals what you think the best online resources are for the Tampa area and anything within 25 miles. With all the job search sites it is tough to find the most effective among them. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2010, 05:58 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,309,843 times
indeed.com- hands down the best. has jobs from all sites. found my last job on that very site.

Old 09-18-2010, 01:14 PM

96 posts, read 255,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinindian1997 View Post
I am asking you locals what you think the best online resources are for the Tampa area and anything within 25 miles. With all the job search sites it is tough to find the most effective among them. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.
For highly skilled opportunities, Monster is still the best job search engine for top paying professional jobs. Employers posting in Monster are serious and are offering very nice salaries to highly skilled candidates. Although recently I spoke with different recruiters in Tampa and was told many employers are now using CareerBuilder during this economic slump since it's cheaper than Monster. Thing is there's mucho SPAM on CarreerBuilder and Indeed because with cheap prices come more SPAMMER yoyo jobs. My wife uses Indeed and was called for numerous joke jobs like independent straight commission insurance agent jobs, work at home jobs, resume services that want your cash money. I use Monster and never get these emails or calls. So really it depends on the job you're seeking. If you're a highly skilled professional, register with Monster. If you don't mind being SPAMMED and getting joke job calls once in awhile go with Indeed and/or CareerBuilder. The other job site you need to watch out for is Dice. It's great for IT professionals but staffing firms place many fake jobs in Dice just to get your information for future gigs.

Old 09-18-2010, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island_Guy View Post
For highly skilled opportunities, Monster is still the best job search engine for top paying professional jobs. Employers posting in Monster are serious and are offering very nice salaries to highly skilled candidates. Although recently I spoke with different recruiters in Tampa and was told many employers are now using CareerBuilder during this economic slump since it's cheaper than Monster. Thing is there's mucho SPAM on CarreerBuilder and Indeed because with cheap prices come more SPAMMER yoyo jobs. My wife uses Indeed and was called for numerous joke jobs like independent straight commission insurance agent jobs, work at home jobs, resume services that want your cash money. I use Monster and never get these emails or calls. So really it depends on the job you're seeking. If you're a highly skilled professional, register with Monster. If you don't mind being SPAMMED and getting joke job calls once in awhile go with Indeed and/or CareerBuilder. The other job site you need to watch out for is Dice. It's great for IT professionals but staffing firms place many fake jobs in Dice just to get your information for future gigs.
indeed.com pulls all the monster listings as well. it is the google of job opportunity websites. It not only pulls from monster, career builder, etc, but it pulls from corporate websites so you get the actual job requisition and can apply directly to the company.

dont take my word for it, I only landed to great jobs with awesome salaries and benefits from that site. only reason i left the last company is because the lost the contract we were working on

Old 09-19-2010, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigm1841 View Post
indeed.com pulls all the monster listings as well. it is the google of job opportunity websites. It not only pulls from monster, career builder, etc, but it pulls from corporate websites so you get the actual job requisition and can apply directly to the company.

dont take my word for it, I only landed to great jobs with awesome salaries and benefits from that site. only reason i left the last company is because the lost the contract we were working on

How much SPAM did you get using Indeed ??? 0.0 SPAM using Monster

Old 09-20-2010, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island_Guy View Post
How much SPAM did you get using Indeed ??? 0.0 SPAM using Monster
ZERO spam. none whatsoever. simplyhired.com and alljobs.com are two other sites that are all encompassing.

It isnt some secret or a joke. indeed.com is now the best one-stop shop for all job listings. why people even still go to sites like monster or career builder is beyond me. Those sites are old news and I give it 2 years and they are gone for good. monster.com ONLY pulls jobs that are posted ON monster.com. If employers arent using the site (which they decreasingly are) then what good is that going to do anyone.

Old 09-20-2010, 09:58 AM

558 posts, read 1,835,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinindian1997 View Post
Employ Florida is the best.

Old 09-20-2010, 10:06 AM

I am still the only person who has suggested a meta-search engine. is everyone on this site 60 years old?

why people are even bothering with these other sites is beyond me, and no I do not work for indeed.com- i am just intelligent and utilize the absolute best tools availible to maximize the effectiveness of whatever I am doing, in this case, a job search.

Old 09-21-2010, 06:34 PM

14 posts, read 26,493 times
Thanks for the input folks. I will be checking out Indeed as well as Employ Florida. Is there anything else like Employ Florida that is either state or locally ran?

Old 09-24-2010, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigm1841 View Post
I am still the only person who has suggested a meta-search engine. is everyone on this site 60 years old?

why people are even bothering with these other sites is beyond me, and no I do not work for indeed.com- i am just intelligent and utilize the absolute best tools availible to maximize the effectiveness of whatever I am doing, in this case, a job search.
Indeed is a web crawler and with that you get the trash job site advertisers like dice(many fake jobs) and all the other yoyo SPAM stuff advertising fake and/or redundant jobs. I'm sure indeed gets hits on good job sites but thing is there's a better chance of seeing the same job posted from different sites found by Indeeed. I like to keep it simple. That's why I prefer Monster. Monster cost employers more to advertise. My take, I'd rather apply for an opportunity with a company that don't mind paying more to get the best talent. If you're an IT professional or any kind of professional, try the other sites but definitely at least register with Monster to get the best job opportunities. The other site I HIGHLY recommend is LINKEDIN. Many groups and recruiters there looking for talented professionals. Great networking professional site. I know of 4 IT professionals getting permanent jobs from LINKEDIN the last 6 months. Join as many groups as you can when registering with LINKEDIN.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: