Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2015, 03:11 PM

11 posts, read 13,000 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

First post, and I thank all in advance for their assistance.

We are looking to move to the Tampa area from Long Island. We have a ~6 month old and a ~2.5 year old. I've been starting my search using the usual real estate sites but having a hard time gleaning neighborhood information from them. I've also tried searching here but not finding exactly what I'm looking for. With that said, hoping some of you can help point me to a few neighborhoods that might fit the criteria below.

1. Schools
2. Golf Community - ideally private club, family oriented (swim team, children activities, etc.) but open to public / semi-private (reason for private is many but since we don't know anyone in the area, a core group of members we see again and again would be helpful to make friends)
3. Home price up to 400k (somewhat flexible here for the right house)
4. I work from home, my wife would be traveling to hospitals/doctor offices so don't need to be super central but reasonably close to airport and freeway would be prefered

Thanks!

- Christian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2015, 07:30 PM

1,905 posts, read 2,790,135 times
Fishhawk Ranch, Westchase, Riverview, New Tampa, Valrico are some options to look at but I'm too sure about actual golf communities.

Waterset by Newland Communities | Apollo Beach, Florida

New Homes | MiraBay by Newland Communities | Tampa | Waterfront

Old 02-22-2015, 07:39 PM

1,579 posts, read 2,341,583 times
Work from home dad and a mom in healthcare (sales?) so it sounds like you should do well down here. What kind of work do you do from home?

I don't know much about the golf clubs so I can't really help you there. For schools you may want to look at some of the schools around Westchase and other northern suburban areas. You shouldn't have a problem finding a nice home in the burbs for under $400k.

Old 02-23-2015, 05:26 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,610,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wants2move View Post
Hi everyone,

We are looking to move to the Tampa area from Long Island. We have a ~6 month old and a ~2.5 year old. I've been starting my search using the usual real estate sites but having a hard time gleaning neighborhood information from them. I've also tried searching here but not finding exactly what I'm looking for. With that said, hoping some of you can help point me to a few neighborhoods that might fit the criteria below.

1. Schools
2. Golf Community - ideally private club, family oriented (swim team, children activities, etc.) but open to public / semi-private (reason for private is many but since we don't know anyone in the area, a core group of members we see again and again would be helpful to make friends)
4. I work from home, my wife would be traveling to hospitals/doctor offices so don't need to be super central but reasonably close to airport and freeway would be prefered

Thanks!

- Christian
Cheval or Avila.

Old 02-23-2015, 08:35 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Hi everyone,

1. Schools

Thanks!

- Christian
Maybe Lutz or Wesley Chapel but Lutz may have the best school district and there are nice homes in that price range and golf courses around and reasonable time to travel to airport, etc.

Old 02-26-2015, 08:35 AM

11 posts, read 13,000 times
Sorry, been away for work so haven't had a chance to check back. Thanks for the information!

Old 02-26-2015, 09:43 AM

1,466 posts, read 3,079,489 times
Avila is a no go for the home price, if there was another zero on it !

Old 02-26-2015, 11:31 AM

676 posts, read 1,271,806 times
Apollo Beach has some really nice homes near the bay and there is a golf course nearby. Here are a couple:

http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...m-800000000000

Old 02-26-2015, 11:53 AM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
I would vote Westchase or Eastlake area of Palm Harbor...Westchase getting a slight edge for having newer builds but Eastlake closer to beaches(if that matters to you)...can't go wrong with either place! Good Luck!

Old 02-26-2015, 01:41 PM

85 posts, read 101,284 times
Quote:
Hi everyone,

1. Schools

Thanks!

- Christian
Hi Christian, I have a great town for you to seriously think about. I really think that this will answer all your want list. I am a transplant here from South Jersey and my most important criteria was to find a town. Well, we were told to come to Dunedin and totally fell in love with it. Its has a small town feel and for the parades and Halloween/Christmas celebrations the kids will love it as they age. Its a working town with a hospital ( Mease-Dunedin ), restaurants, Pinellas bike trail that runs right through the town, and Marina area. The schools are all in Dunedin including a catholic school. It has its own High School that is centrally located in town. The Mease hospital system has many hospitals in all directions along with the hospitals in tampa bay. Most of all we do have a professional golf course on the North end of town with housing surrounding about a third of it in your range. For the kids we have the community pool with baby pool attached, play water park, art center and community center all off Michigan Ave. The town has a Scottish feel to it and we do a lot of things in town Celtic like the Highlands Festival. I hope I been helpful to you, and you find your dream.....but give us a try.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay