Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 10:13 AM

5 posts, read 4,498 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone, My family would like to move to the Tampa area from NJ. I have been working in IT dept of a healthcare system for 12 years (technical analyst)and was wondering if there are IT health care jobs in the area and what healthcare systems are good places to work?

Thanks in advance!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2015, 02:37 PM

1,905 posts, read 2,792,384 times
Well most likely since healthcare is a big employer in Tampa Bay area but I'm not sure of any particular employers sorry. But I know some previous threads asked the same question regarding hospital systems so you might want to search that of.

Old 03-28-2015, 02:14 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,021,641 times
Good thing you didn't major in accounting.

Old 03-28-2015, 05:33 PM

5,979 posts, read 7,387,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njITguy0171 View Post
Hi Everyone, My family would like to move to the Tampa area from NJ. I have been working in IT dept of a healthcare system for 12 years (technical analyst)and was wondering if there are IT health care jobs in the area and what healthcare systems are good places to work?

Thanks in advance!!
There are, and they pretty much run the gamut of the industry from the hospitals themselves to insurance companies and software vendors who specialize in healthcare applications.

You're going to have to narrow it down a little before anyone can give you relevant information on a particular employer.

Indeed and GlassDoor are both good sites for finding open IT positions in the area if you don't want to use a headhunter. KForce is a big IT contracting firm that can help you get a foot in the door somewhere, too.

RM

Old 03-28-2015, 09:10 PM

1 posts, read 1,031 times
I was in the same boat as you, doing healthcare IT in NJ before moving down here about 4 years ago. Jobs are available in this field. I would recommend looking at some of the larger hospitals first, such as Tampa General Hospital and BayCare Health Systems. It depends what exactly you are looking for but you should be able to find something.

Old 03-30-2015, 11:35 AM

Smile Thanks for your help

Thanks so much for all your replies they are very helpful and I appreciate you taking time to help me in my search. I will be down in the area next week with the family to do so recon on the area's we are interested in. Thanks again for all your responses.

Old 03-30-2015, 12:49 PM

85 posts, read 101,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njITguy0171 View Post

Thanks in advance!!
Hey do it! There are so many things to consider in doing that. There are a couple big health system down here I'm not sure how big Tampa General is, but I do know that the Bay Care system is huge in this area especially in Pinellas county. Once you narrow that down you need to find a working town. We are from Jersey and looked for about 6 months and finally found one. It was important for us and our children because we were always from a small town. So, keep that in mind in your search, they are few and far. We decided here in Dunedin, it's close to everywhere, beaches, airports, malls, minor baseball, recreation, and I can go on and on. We even have Mease Dunedin hospital in town which is a part of Bay Care. So just letting you know that communities vary down here and it's important you figure that out first. After you land a job, find a town, then everything falls in place. Good luck on your quest.

Last edited by steve dunedin; 03-30-2015 at 12:57 PM..

Old 03-31-2015, 12:35 PM

8 posts, read 8,361 times
Aside from Hospital operations and administration there are several large Healthcare firms in Tampa Bay actively seeking IT candidates. WellCare, United Heath Care, PMSI, HealthPlan services. Most of the major IT recruiters in Tampa place contract and permanent IT positions. Check with KForce, Princeton, Rita Technologies, etc. Also check the Tampa job boards. A lot of IT work in Tampa lately, depending on your skillset.

Old 03-31-2015, 01:06 PM

Default Thanks!!

I will look in to all of these. Everyone's suggestions are great!!!

Thanks again!!!

Old 03-31-2015, 04:58 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,021,641 times
Do these jobs need a computer science degree, or can you scrape by with an MIS degree from a college of business? And will a USF degree work, or do you have to go to a better school?

And is it like accounting where you have to have 5+ years of experience just to get an interview, or are there companies that will actually hire fresh out of college?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: