Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2017, 09:35 AM

378 posts, read 487,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny the Mutt View Post
Insurance companies have photos of every house they insure. If the house burns to the ground they can see what was there, how it looked.
Yep, but I'm assuming this is being done to check for unreported damage that could cause larger issues down the road if not fixed.

I don't see any issue with this and was just stating this as its likely the same issue/reasoning in regards to the OPs post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2017, 05:41 PM

490 posts, read 584,368 times
Update. I called my lender. They did have what they called a task on my property using a contractor. So it was legit. I still don't know why but I have a bad gut feeling its trouble. My loan is and has always been current. Two weeks after the hurricane and no claim to either the insurance or bank. These banks don't pay for this sort of stuff without a reason.

Heres what I'm thinking. Last year my zone changed from C to B even though the other homes remained flood zone C. It appears some 15' of my vacant lot next door is in zone B which I guess puts the house lot in all of zone B. I don't carry flood insurance and the guy here also took pictures of the lake from the front of my house.

It is the goal of the flood insurance program to increase mandatory participation and increase revenue to cover the classic areas which flood over and over such as just what happened once again with the outer banks of NC when a weak Marie moved NE.

Hope I am wrong.

Old 09-29-2017, 05:55 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,020,726 times
Another example to make the case for insurance prohibition, all as part of my New World Order.

Old 10-03-2017, 08:26 AM

3,826 posts, read 5,809,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mph101 View Post
Update. I called my lender. They did have what they called a task on my property using a contractor. So it was legit. I still don't know why but I have a bad gut feeling its trouble. My loan is and has always been current. Two weeks after the hurricane and no claim to either the insurance or bank. These banks don't pay for this sort of stuff without a reason.

Heres what I'm thinking. Last year my zone changed from C to B even though the other homes remained flood zone C. It appears some 15' of my vacant lot next door is in zone B which I guess puts the house lot in all of zone B. I don't carry flood insurance and the guy here also took pictures of the lake from the front of my house.

It is the goal of the flood insurance program to increase mandatory participation and increase revenue to cover the classic areas which flood over and over such as just what happened once again with the outer banks of NC when a weak Marie moved NE.

Hope I am wrong.
I don't think it's a big deal. Insurance companies doing this randomly and not always after major hurricane. They just want to make sure they have up to date info.

Old 10-11-2017, 05:34 AM

120 posts, read 118,236 times
This is a measure used to prevent fraud. They take pictures of their insured properties immediately after the storm to prevent and combat fraudulent cases. For example, you want new windows in your house. A storm hits but doesn't do any damage. You smash out your windows and throw put debris around them, the insurance has to replace them with up-to-date windows. You file a claim, and since most of the houses in your area sustained damage, you get your windows replaced. This drives up everyone's rates in the area and causes the insurance company to spend money (crazy, I know). Paying a contractor to take pictures immediately after the storm prevents this type of fraud, and is a small price for the insurance company to pay to get out of paying for fraudulent repairs. I witnessed this first hand during Irma - a neighbor destroyed their pool cage and staged trees on/around it because they wanted a new one. Unfortunately for them, they've always been nasty to the lady on the other side, who covertly filmed the entire thing and sent it to their insurance company.

Old 10-11-2017, 05:35 PM

490 posts, read 584,368 times
I hear you but this wasn't the insurance company, it was the lender of my mortgage. Which has been current for the past 17 yrs.

Old 10-14-2017, 02:16 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concert D Major View Post
Another example to make the case for insurance prohibition, all as part of my New World Order.
I'm happy they're checking for fraud. Keeps rates down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay