Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2020, 04:20 PM

717 posts, read 459,136 times

Advertisements

As like I-95 and I-4 intersect at Daytona Beach

But this silly thing called the Gulf .... can they make a special highway on water to connect to San Diego, California? It’s a real problem I-10 makes it....I-4 ohhhhhh noooo the Gulf of Mexico that warm water body you can’t connect to the Pacific yikes ...though Tampa has the cutest Southern California transplant girls who move to Tampa for more affordable cost of living. And go from living on I-5 to loving the I-4 life if you know what I mean.

Submarine highway under and through Panama Canal or something? Oh wait it’s something called Southwest Airlines Wanna get away! See It does exist!

Last edited by Siberiaboy; 09-23-2020 at 04:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2020, 04:50 PM

30,775 posts, read 21,645,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberiaboy View Post
As like I-95 and I-4 intersect at Daytona Beach

But this silly thing called the Gulf .... can they make a special highway on water to connect to San Diego, California? It’s a real problem I-10 makes it....I-4 ohhhhhh noooo the Gulf of Mexico that warm water body you can’t connect to the Pacific yikes ...though Tampa has the cutest Southern California transplant girls who move to Tampa for more affordable cost of living. And go from living on I-5 to loving the I-4 life if you know what I mean.

Submarine highway under and through Panama Canal or something? Oh wait it’s something called Southwest Airlines Wanna get away! See It does exist!
Water is only 450 ft 97 miles west of Clearwater FL then drops off in steps fast as i used to fish area's 600 to 1200ft. Gets to 2 miles deep well west. So too deep for anything to work kirk. Be nice slice if they could do a bridge to Cuba since it would only be 92.13 miles, but the water is way too deep to get piles down.

Old 09-23-2020, 07:09 PM

717 posts, read 459,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Water is only 450 ft 97 miles west of Clearwater FL then drops off in steps fast as i used to fish area's 600 to 1200ft. Gets to 2 miles deep well west. So too deep for anything to work kirk. Be nice slice if they could do a bridge to Cuba since it would only be 92.13 miles, but the water is way too deep to get piles down.
I really like this answer and the shallowness of the Gulf seafloor is fascinating and I believe it sincere the low lying keys in the Gulf also don’t stop at Key West. This is warm marshy bath water, unfortunately hurricanes like it sometimes

Old 09-24-2020, 01:45 AM

224 posts, read 231,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberiaboy View Post
I really like this answer and the shallowness of the Gulf seafloor is fascinating and I believe it sincere the low lying keys in the Gulf also don’t stop at Key West. This is warm marshy bath water, unfortunately hurricanes like it sometimes
The Bishop Museum of Science and Nature in Bradenton has a fascinating exhibit detailing native life several thousand years ago when the sea level was a few hundred feet lower (the additional water was iced up in the massive ice sheet covering most of the continents) and the western coast of Florida extended about a hundred miles west of the present-day coastline, making Florida about twice as wide as it is now.

If you stand anywhere along today's Gulf coast and look out over the open water, everywhere the eye can see for about a hundred miles out used to be roamed by prehistoric land creatures and hunted by natives. It's also not unheard of for arrowheads and suspected pieces of pottery to occasionally wash up on the beach...But my understanding is that Florida law makes it illegal to take such relics which are considered to have historical value, and I have heard of enforcement actions taking place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay