Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2008, 08:32 PM

2 posts, read 12,309 times

Advertisements

My brother, his girlfriend, and I are considering moving to the Tampa area in August. I've been looking at so many apartment complexes and colleges online I think my eyes are going to start to bleed.

Like most other posts I've read from people considering moving to the area, every time I find a complex that sounds nice, I look at the rating and it's horrible. I realize these can be one sided: bad reviews from disgruntled ex-renters and good ones from lying management. I just want an honest opinion from someone.

I realize that on the budget we have (under 900/month for a two bedroom) we're not going to get everything we want.

Here's what we're looking for though:
1) 2 bedrooms *
2) We'd prefer 1.5+ bathrooms
3) Less than 30 min. to the beach
4) Close to a college, preferably a community college. *
5) Safe area *
6) No roaches or rats*

* = must have.

Can anyone suggest a good complex, or even a good area to look at?

I've been looking all along the gulf coast from Holiday down to St. Pete, but I hear a lot of bad stuff about the St. Pete area involving crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2008, 03:29 AM

139 posts, read 476,470 times
Im going to need a one bed room place rather quickly.
No frills, just safe near the airport or south tampa. Let me know if you come a accross one. I may even rent from someone in there house.

Old 06-17-2008, 05:42 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
Angela888, Are you going to be working, if so where? Which CC? Pick several apts and ask here for opinions.

C5aprea, how much do you want to spend? There are several apts right near the airport that are not bad.

Old 06-17-2008, 11:23 AM

2 posts, read 12,309 times
My friend and I work at a Denny's up here, and I've already looked on google and they have a ton of them down there. We plan on transferring, but we want to have where were going to live picked out, so we can pick a close by restaurant to transfer to. As for which community college, it doesn't really matter, as long as they have an Education program and a Nursing program. I looked at the College of St. Pete and it has a bachelors program for Education and Nursing listed, so that would be good.

Like I said though, I'm from PA. I've only been to FL once, so I don't really know the schools and area. My biggest concern is the safety of the location.

These are the apartments I've looked into and liked. They've had relatively positive ratings and, seemed affordable.

Whetstone Apartments
8400 49th St
Pinellas Park, FL 33781

Ridgeview Apartment Homes
6321 113th Street
Seminole, FL 33772

Autumn Chase Apartments
2200 Gladys St
Largo, FL 33774

Woodlawn Park Apartments
1626 18th Ave N # B
St. Petersburg, FL 33713

Times Square
436 4th Avenue South
St. Petersburg, FL 33701

Old 06-17-2008, 07:35 PM

139 posts, read 476,470 times
Im paying $500 for a garage apartment and eltrical and water includes

Id love to stay in that budget

Old 06-18-2008, 04:41 AM

792 posts, read 2,292,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela288 View Post
My brother, his girlfriend, and I are considering moving to the Tampa area in August. I've been looking at so many apartment complexes and colleges online I think my eyes are going to start to bleed.

Like most other posts I've read from people considering moving to the area, every time I find a complex that sounds nice, I look at the rating and it's horrible. I realize these can be one sided: bad reviews from disgruntled ex-renters and good ones from lying management. I just want an honest opinion from someone.

I realize that on the budget we have (under 900/month for a two bedroom) we're not going to get everything we want.

Here's what we're looking for though:
1) 2 bedrooms *
2) We'd prefer 1.5+ bathrooms
3) Less than 30 min. to the beach
4) Close to a college, preferably a community college. *
5) Safe area *
6) No roaches or rats*

* = must have.

Can anyone suggest a good complex, or even a good area to look at?

I've been looking all along the gulf coast from Holiday down to St. Pete, but I hear a lot of bad stuff about the St. Pete area involving crime.
I would suggest looking for a house. Just about any apartment complex that you can afford will be below your expectations. $900/month means your going to be living next to some very shady tennants.

I did the same thing when I first moved here. Rented an apartment that looked great on the brochure. It was horrible. I had to suffer through a year long lease, before I could finally get out of there. Never again!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay