Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 01:34 PM

23 posts, read 72,895 times

Advertisements

quick question...im taking a road trip from NJ to Tampa in April/May. will my EZ-pass work in FL?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2009, 05:41 PM

101 posts, read 530,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by byebyNJhelloFL View Post
quick question...im taking a road trip from NJ to Tampa in April/May. will my EZ-pass work in FL?

Nope. EZ-Pass only works in New Jersey, New York, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, and West Virginia.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:37 AM

10 posts, read 91,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganDriver View Post
Is it possible to have multiple Mini Sunpasses under the same account?
My problem is that I rent a vehicle in south FL about once a month.
It's less expensive & more convenient to buy a Mini Sunpass. (Avis charges $2.50 a day PLUS the actual toll for use of their built-in Sunpass).
I remove the Mini (which destroys the product) when I return the vehicle, but now have a credit balance in my SunPass account.
Is it possible to purchase a NEW Mini Sunpass and add it to my existing Sunpass account? This way I can just change the vehicle information and transponder number in my account and be up and running immediately.

Don't permantly attach the mini... as I stated earlier in this post, just hold it up agasint the window and it works. Just be sure you register each car on the SunPass website so in the event it doesn't work, they'll just deduct the amount from your account. Then take the mini with you to the next car. I have never attached my mini to my windshield and never will.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:30 AM

2,637 posts, read 12,633,921 times
Quote:
Nope. EZ-Pass only works in New Jersey, New York, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, and West Virginia.
Is that somehow a different EZ-Pass than the system in use on Orlando's toll roads like 417?

edit: Ah, I see, Orlando uses E-Pass, not EZ-Pass, I was confused!

Old 03-27-2009, 10:20 AM

3 posts, read 18,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karamia36 View Post
EZ Pass works in a lot more states than that. It also works in Maine, New Hampshire, Virginia, Indiana, and Illinois. And it's coming soon to Rhode Island and Ohio.

Old 04-05-2009, 02:31 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,522,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wg1234 View Post
Don't permantly attach the mini... as I stated earlier in this post, just hold it up agasint the window and it works. Just be sure you register each car on the SunPass website so in the event it doesn't work, they'll just deduct the amount from your account. Then take the mini with you to the next car. I have never attached my mini to my windshield and never will.
I'm not really fond of the idea of attaching it in the place they want which is by the rear view mirror. I'd like to attach mine toward the bottom corner of the windshield.

My question is where do you hold it on the windshield for it to work?

Old 04-05-2009, 03:37 PM

10 posts, read 91,283 times
Anywhere. There is no science behind the window placement at all other than by having it near the rear view mirror is as high up and close to the sensors as it could possibly be. Overall distance is wiped out when you compare window placement of a low to the ground Ferrari or the high up placement of a 18-wheeler. Probably a variance of 6 - 10 feet, making the placement of the device on your windshield inconsequential. I hold it wherever is comfortable for my arm, which is pretty much right in front of me. Never been an issue.

Old 04-05-2009, 04:31 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,522,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wg1234 View Post
Anywhere. There is no science behind the window placement at all other than by having it near the rear view mirror is as high up and close to the sensors as it could possibly be. Overall distance is wiped out when you compare window placement of a low to the ground Ferrari or the high up placement of a 18-wheeler. Probably a variance of 6 - 10 feet, making the placement of the device on your windshield inconsequential. I hold it wherever is comfortable for my arm, which is pretty much right in front of me. Never been an issue.
Great. Thanks.

Old 06-21-2009, 05:23 PM

428 posts, read 1,243,748 times
I just put my wife's mini on her CRV, in the upper left corner of the windshield where it wouldn't be a visual annoyance. I know wg1234 has indicated that in their experience, it doesn't matter. I'm inclined to think it doesn't either. However once I stuck in on, I did have a second of remorse hoping I didn't just guarantee her a $100 fine the first time she tries to use it.

Anybody else have a real-world experience with a non-center placement?

Old 06-22-2009, 06:21 AM

428 posts, read 1,243,748 times
BTW, just found this link.
Welcome to SunPass.com (http://sunpass.com/windshields.cfm - broken link)

It was hard to find, but if you own one of the cars mentioned, I think this info is critical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay