Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 04:44 PM

6 posts, read 125,021 times

Advertisements

Anybody know anything about the home builder KB home? Here is there website:

KB homes by KB Home - New Home Builders - (www.kbhomes.com) - California, Texas, Florida and More

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2007, 06:07 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,299,617 times
Default They suck!

The floor plans are not very smart and having a 9 foot ceiling is an "option"
We looked at KB homes here last year and they are not flexible if you have your own mortgage company and don't want to use theirs....Ryland, if you are already approved and can prove it, they will work with that......
Also, at Ryland, 9 foot ceiling is not considered optional! they have really good deals now! just don't forget about your homeowners and property taxes when buying........

Alexandra

Old 08-14-2007, 08:55 AM

133 posts, read 538,247 times
We recently helped a client purchase a home through KB Homes and did experience some ups and downs. The above post mentioning that you have to use their lender/title company is correct especially if they are running a special incentive such as paying towards closing costs. The salesrep and bank rep that we used worked with us throughout the process - but it was stressful at times. We were able to save our client over $94,000 off the price of the new home, so they did get a great deal on that home. Everything that needed to be 'fixed' prior to moving in was fixed we just had to stay on top of them to make sure it was completed.

There are some other great builders in the Tampa area right now that are offering major incentives to move their inventory homes. You will want to check around to more than one.

Let me know if there is anything else you need.

Tina

Old 08-14-2007, 09:12 AM

68 posts, read 288,858 times
KB Homes ranks somewhere in the middle on customer satisfaction scores IIRC. They do push a lot of basic things into "options" but compensate for that by having lower starting prices of homes.

Where are you looking?

Old 08-14-2007, 09:47 AM

442 posts, read 2,912,712 times
To many Unhappy Customers over here in Orlando ....

Old 08-14-2007, 10:44 AM

12 posts, read 19,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Roberts View Post
We recently helped a client purchase a home through KB Homes and did experience some ups and downs. The above post mentioning that you have to use their lender/title company is correct especially if they are running a special incentive such as paying towards closing costs. The salesrep and bank rep that we used worked with us throughout the process - but it was stressful at times. We were able to save our client over $94,000 off the price of the new home, so they did get a great deal on that home. Everything that needed to be 'fixed' prior to moving in was fixed we just had to stay on top of them to make sure it was completed.

There are some other great builders in the Tampa area right now that are offering major incentives to move their inventory homes. You will want to check around to more than one.

Let me know if there is anything else you need.

Tina
Could you tell me how you managed to save your client so much on their home? I am considering a KB community in Clearwater currently and want to make sure I am knowledgeable on all the incentives, pricing, etc. I know that the sales reps don't offer much information... and my friend recently closed on a similar townhome for 30k off their list price plus she got tons of upgrades. Any advice/suggestions you can offer is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Bambs

Old 08-21-2008, 10:54 AM

265 posts, read 974,795 times
As a KB home owner, I'll simply say I'd steer well clear of the builder...

Old 08-21-2008, 01:54 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
As a KB Home owner I'm very happy and we never occured difficulties, but we are aware that the sales reps. try everything to get mortgages for people, even if they can't afford it and are denied by Countrywide....

Old 08-22-2008, 07:27 AM

54 posts, read 264,065 times
Dont trust KB. I had a customer that was trying to buy a home from them. He went through Countrywide and was told that he did not qualify for some reason or another. He finally called me and I told him there was no reason he was denied. I spoke to the sales rep and he said it would be no problem for them to still give the seller contribution toward closing costs. I got him approved in 30 minutes and the paperwork and everything was ready to go in 4 days. We went to schedule a closing and all of a sudden KB pulled the incentive. They made the buyer go back through Countrywide and gave him whatever program they could stick him in to give him the incentives. I would steer clear of those shady people.

I also have a good friend that bought one of their homes. He is not very happy with them. I purchased an MI home, and we are happy with ours. Just another option for you. Good luck in your purchase.

Old 08-22-2008, 09:18 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
If you go to the BBB website you can see that both M/I homes and Kb Homes are having the same satifactory level.

I have bought homes from different builders and so far Kb Homes and Suarez homes and Centex and Windward (K Hov) builded the best homes and we never had any issues with the homes. Westfield (Standard Pacific Homes) was the worst and DR. Hornton, but IMO it all comes to who is the construction manager. If you had a different construction manager they house can be build better and it also is different who is your sales rep.
We had only trouble with the regional manager from KB Home, but he was fired...so that was taken care off.

To be short....it comes down to who are working at a company and who are the construction workers. One house can be build great while another was rushed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: