Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2008, 05:39 PM

2,406 posts, read 7,900,979 times

Advertisements

I don't know where to take her?! We've had lots of guests since moving here 8 weeks ago....but they were all kids for my daughter or my family.

Where do I take my divorced 32 year old friend for a girl's night out? My husband and I are more into going to dinner than a club so I have no idea!

Looking for upscale, lively club with people in their 30's (not college kids or 20 somethings)

We go to Intl Plaza often but don't know what its like there late at night- are there clubs there?

Someone suggested Skye in Ybor- are there clubs/lounges/bars there for professionals or mostly for tatooed kids? Nothing wrong with them just not our scene.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2008, 11:15 PM

1,824 posts, read 8,376,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faina00 View Post
I don't know where to take her?! We've had lots of guests since moving here 8 weeks ago....but they were all kids for my daughter or my family.

Where do I take my divorced 32 year old friend for a girl's night out? My husband and I are more into going to dinner than a club so I have no idea!

Looking for upscale, lively club with people in their 30's (not college kids or 20 somethings)

We go to Intl Plaza often but don't know what its like there late at night- are there clubs there?

Someone suggested Skye in Ybor- are there clubs/lounges/bars there for professionals or mostly for tatooed kids? Nothing wrong with them just not our scene.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks
I would defintely suggest Hyde Park, maybe dinner at 717 South, Ceviche or Bella's, have some cocktails and dancing at Mangrove's, Hyde Park Cafe....

Old 08-28-2008, 09:47 AM

Thanks so much, I knew you would have a good suggestion!

Is there any place nice around Intl. Plaza/Westshor/airport area that you know of as well? I feel like I saw some billboards of clubs around there but I can't remember....

Old 08-28-2008, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faina00 View Post
Is there any place nice around Intl. Plaza/Westshor/airport area that you know of as well? I feel like I saw some billboards of clubs around there but I can't remember....
At Bay Street(part of Intl Plaza), there is Blue Martini, and of course a slew of restaurants(I like Bamboo Club), but there also a Cheesecake Factory, Capitol Grille, Champps Sports, and Bar Louie among others.

At the Westhshore Hotel(next to the Doll House) on North Westshore Blvd there is a new Green Iguana, which always has live music, and a cool Buddha Lounge. The Green Iguana folks also opened up a new place in the old Bennigan's on Dale Mabry Hwy near the airport/stadium called Tijuana Iguana, I havent been there yet.

Old 08-28-2008, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampaguy03 View Post
At Bay Street(part of Intl Plaza), there is Blue Martini, and of course a slew of restaurants(I like Bamboo Club), but there also a Cheesecake Factory, Capitol Grille, Champps Sports, and Bar Louie among others.

At the Westhshore Hotel(next to the Doll House) on North Westshore Blvd there is a new Green Iguana, which always has live music, and a cool Buddha Lounge. The Green Iguana folks also opened up a new place in the old Bennigan's on Dale Mabry Hwy near the airport/stadium called Tijuana Iguana, I havent been there yet.
Great, I think we'll have to try Hyde Park, maybe some where else later. Thanks!!

Old 08-30-2008, 08:28 AM

79 posts, read 331,182 times
International Plaza is good but there is still a lot of young people hoping to feel older and more mature.

Hyde Park is also a mixed crowd but more upscale.

Channelside is a mixed crowd but you guys can still have a lot of fun there.

There are not a lot of places you can go to avoid the younger 20 somethings. They have unfortunately mixed themselves in everywhere.

Old 08-31-2008, 02:02 PM

My friend and I absolutely loved Mangrove's and Hyde Park Cafe. The food was good, wine was good, both had great ambience, decor, music and such nice people! I think I found my fav places to go out to in Tampa. Thanks TG- You should write an article!

Old 10-06-2008, 07:03 PM

203 posts, read 960,395 times
I too am looking for a place to take my husband. We will be having an anniversary month where we plan to hit the town without our kids. We will be 29 and 30 and wanted a more mature place to get some drinks and do some dancing!

Thanks for asking, and thanks for the replies!

Old 10-06-2008, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbecky79 View Post
I too am looking for a place to take my husband. We will be having an anniversary month where we plan to hit the town without our kids. We will be 29 and 30 and wanted a more mature place to get some drinks and do some dancing!

Thanks for asking, and thanks for the replies!
Mature place to get some drinks and do some dancing?...in Tampa's Hyde Park, consider Hyde Park Cafe, Mangroves after 10pm; Blue Martini at Intl Plaza Bay Street(there is also a new upscale club opening sometime soon there too across from bamboo club); in downtown St. Pete PUSH Lounge, The Lobby and Cafe Alma....over at Feather Sound in St. Pete is The Venue.

Old 10-06-2008, 07:33 PM

203 posts, read 960,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampaguy03 View Post
Mature place to get some drinks and do some dancing?...in Tampa's Hyde Park, consider Hyde Park Cafe, Mangroves after 10pm; Blue Martini at Intl Plaza Bay Street(there is also a new upscale club opening sometime soon there too across from bamboo club); in downtown St. Pete PUSH Lounge, The Lobby and Cafe Alma....over at Feather Sound in St. Pete is The Venue.
THANK YOU! I appreciate it! You're always a great help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay